The Faculty/Student Grants are designed to facilitate the initiation and development of collaborative research or creative activity (RCA) between students and faculty. Projects under this program are intended to provide students with in-depth “hands-on” experience in the research or creative activity process.
The maximum amount of $1,500 may be awarded to each faculty/student team. The number of grants awarded depends on budgets and the funds available to the OSR each year.
Applications for the Faculty/Student Grants will be competitively evaluated by the OSR Awards Committee. The quality of the student research or creative activity (RCA) experience will be a determining factor in the selection process. Applicants are thus asked to specify the role of the student(s) and faculty mentor(s) in the project, and the nature of the work to be done.
Grantees are asked to submit a progress report and final report explaining how the award was used. Grantees are also required to present a poster and oral presentation during the annual “Meeting of the Minds” Student Research Symposium. Applications are submitted online.
All faculty seeking to hire a research assistant for the semester or academic year are encouraged to apply by the September 25th deadline.
- All faculty members (tenured, tenure-track, lecturer) are eligible to apply.
- Student co-applicants must be full-time in any program at CSUSB and must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- All projects involving human subjects and/or vertebrate animals must submit proof of Institutional Review Board and/or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee approval as part of the application and/or prior to the release of funds.
- Must have research or creative project listed on the OSR's Research and Creative Activities Database to be considered. Please SUBMIT HERE.
The following submission guidelines should be followed:
- Applications are due by September 25th, 2022, by 11:59 PM.
- Application and proposal submission must be submitted online through InfoReady.
- Please select the grant to which you are applying,
- Log in with your MyCoyote ID,
- Complete application
- The research proposal should be no longer than six pages. This includes the cover letter, narrative, and budget.
- All supporting documentation should be submitted at the time of the application submission.
- The proposal budget should not exceed $1,500.
If you have received an OSR grant before, please be aware that preference will be given to new applicants, unless funding permits for additional awardees.
Application Opens: August 22nd, 2022
Application Closes: September 25th, 2022
Faculty/Student Grant Application Guidelines