Individual health promotion and disease prevention education appointments are available to help students learn important and contemporary health issues. Students can meet individually and confidentially with a health educator to learn how to:
- Quit smoking and stay quit.
- Identify sexually transmitted infections and prevent exposure and infection.
- Develop skills to reduce stress, text anxiety, and procrastination.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships and receive feedback regarding relationship questions/concerns.
- Comprehend health insurance terminology and how to compare health insurance plans.
- Identify and prevent alcohol and drug abuse.
- Recognize addiction and codependency issues in oneself and others.
- Prevent infection from the cold and flu, practice self-care strategies when sick, and prevent transmission to others.
- Identify contraceptive options and compare their effectiveness at preventing pregnancy.
- Understand many other contemporary health issues.
For more information and/or to schedule an appointment, contact Albert Angelo, Senior Health Educator, at email@example.com