For your convenience, you can download the Emergency Loan Application to complete, sign, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org using your CSUSB issued email account. Please make sure the application is completed in its entirety. Partially completed forms will not be accepted. You may fax the application to (909) 537-7607.
When can I Apply?
- The first day to apply for an Emergency Loan is typically one week before the beginning of the term. Checks are not available for pick-up until after the 1st day of classes.
- If you are applying for a Major Emergency Loan you may apply during your registration period.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for processing. You will be notified via email if your application is not approved.
How much can I borrow?
- Short-term Emergency Loans may be granted from $50.00 - $600.00.
- Major Emergency Loans may be granted to cover up to 100% of tuition. This loan is applied to Tuition Fees only.
How will I receive my funds?
- Emergency Loans will be direct deposited (if applicable); otherwise you will receive an email informing you when the check is available for pick-up.
- Major Emergency Loans will be applied to your account after you have signed over the check. You will receive an email informing you when the check is available to be signed over.
- Borrower can have only one emergency loan per academic year (Fall – Summer)
- Borrower must have least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Borrower cannot have past due balance on their account.
- Borrower cannot have a collection charge within the past two academic years.
- Borrower must be enrolled for the current quarter.
- Borrower cannot have a late charge for a previous emergency loan within the past two academic years.
Please note: Financial Aid recipients should not rely on Financial Aid to pay this debt.
Download the Emergency Loan Application
Please call Student Financial Services at (909) 537-5162 if you have any questions.
Sign up for Direct Deposit! It's easy, fast, and secure! Click on the Enroll in Direct Deposit link in your MyCoyote Student Center to enroll today.