Note: If you are a current student with a past due balance, please check MyCoyote.
Students No Longer Attending CSUSB
CSUSB students have access to their MyCoyote portal for up to two years beyond their last term of enrollment. For information on making a payment online, please see the Payment Methods page. If a former student finds that he/she cannot access the portal, it is likely due to a password update issue. For password assistance please contact the Help Desk at (909) 537-7677 during regular business hours.
To avoid collection activity associated with a delinquent debt, CSUSB strongly recommends that former students monitor their student account activity on a weekly basis for up to 6 months after separating from the university.
Before separating from CSUSB it is expected that a student's account is paid in full. However, if full payment is not possible it is the policy of Student Financial Services to create a monthly payment plan to assist the debtor.
The following pertains to delinquent account payment plans:
- The payment plan is not to exceed a twelve-month period, minimum monthly payment of $50.00; the monthly payment and due date are determined by CSUSB and are not negotiable.
- Until the debt has been paid in full the debtor will not have access to any CSUSB services. Services include diplomas from being issued, and future registration; per Title 5, California Code of Regulations, Sections 42380 and 42381.
- CSUSB is required to annually report the debt to the Franchise Tax Board for state refund garnishment; per California Government Code Sections 12419.2, 12419.7, 12419.9, 12419.10, 12419.11, and 12419.12.
- Any skipped, missed, or partial payments automatically annul the payment plan and the account will be immediately forwarded to an outside collection agency resulting in negative credit reporting to the three major credit bureaus.
- If the debtor successfully completes the payment plan the delinquent debt will not be reported to the three major credit bureaus.
Establishing a payment plan with CSUSB
Email Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (909) 537-5162 with the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Coyote ID# (if you do not know your ID, please indicate your Date of Birth)
- Current mailing address
- Current phone number
After the account has been reviewed for eligibility the Collection's Representative will contact the debtor via the USPS with the required payment plan documentation.
- If the account has been submitted to an outside collection agency the debtor may not establish a payment plan with CSUSB and must contact the appropriate collection agency.
- ConServe – (800) 724-4439
- Williams and Fudge, Inc. - (800) 849-9791
- Windham Professionals, Inc. – (800) 394-4300
- CSUSB does not accept settlement offers on debts owed.
- CSUSB does not negotiate the removal of accurately reported negative credit reporting.
Although CSUSB appreciates all repayment efforts collection processes will continue unless the debtor enters a formal monthly payment plan with CSUSB.