The University recognizes that signs (including posters, banners, handbills, announcements, notices, brochures) serve as a means for communicating information to the campus community in a timely and orderly manner. Signs containing false, misleading or fraudulent information or expression that constitutes criminal or severe harassment, defamation, or obscenity are prohibited.
Bulletin boards are of four types:
- General Bulletin Boards: Students, recognized student organizations, faculty, and staff of the University and non-University individuals may post signs on General Bulletin Boards (indoor or outdoor).
- University Bulletin Boards: University bulletin boards are for posting of official University documents and announcements.
- Department Bulletin Boards: Department bulletin boards are identified, controlled, and maintained by specific University departments, and only materials approved by that Department can be posted.
- Union Bulletin Boards: Union bulletin boards are for posting of official union documents and announcements.
General Posting Guidelines & Regulations:
Individuals and organizations may post on any bulletin board marked “General Use”, provided that CSUSB, the organization’s name, and contact information are clearly visible. A posting stamp will also be required on all flyers by the Office of Student Engagement. Out of date posters will be removed within 48 hours by the Office of Student Engagement. Any deviation from the below points will result in the removal of the poster and may result in disciplinary action toward the organization or individual. Faculty-Staff bulletin boards are under the jurisdiction of the appropriate academic and administrative organizations.
- Posted materials can be no larger than '11 x 17'.
- All posters or announcements must clearly indicate the name of the sponsoring organization, along with contact information (e.g., phone number or web address).
- Posted materials must not promote the use of alcoholic beverages or be sexually offensive/explicit.
- Do not remove or post over other posters and announcements.
- Posters and announcements may not be affixed to painted or varnished surfaces, glass, ceilings, sidewalks, building walls, restrooms, windows, doors, benches, utility poles, sculptures, garbage receptacles, railings, trees, traffic control signs, stairs or bus stop areas.
- Organizations may not distribute any materials on cars or in any parking lot/structure.
- Posters or announcements may not be affixed to the exterior of buildings.
- Signs on bulletin boards shall be posted by thumbtacks, staples, or pushpins only.
- Other methods of posting which damage a bulletin board will subject the posting party to liability for damages.
- All posted materials are removed from General Bulletin Boards at each academic quarter break.
The following are areas designated for club and organization postings:
|Administration||1st||Across from 161||1|
|Chemical Sciences||1st||Next to elevator||2|
|Chemical Sciences||1st||Across from J101||1|
|Chemical Sciences||1st||Next to 1141A||1|
|Chemical Sciences||2nd||Next to the elevator||2|
|Chemical Sciences||2nd||Next to 220||1|
|Chemical Sciences||3rd||Next to elevator||2|
|College of Education||1st||Across from 105||3|
|College of Education||1st||Near 114||3|
|College of Education||1st||Near 119||3|
|Jack Brown||1st||Near computer Labs||2|
|Jack Brown||2nd||Across from vending machine||1|
|Jack Brown||4th||Next to women’s restroom||1|
|Library||2nd||Across from elevator (please check in with 2006)||4|
|Library||2nd||Across form 226 (please check in with 2006)||1|
|Library||2nd||Across from 253 (please check in with 2006)||1|
|Library||1st||Inside Starbucks (please check in with 2006)||1|
|Library Walkway behind Library||N/A||1 glass case board near temporary classes (please check in with 2006)||1|
|Library Walkway||N/A||West of Wedge (please check in with 2006)||1|
|Physical Education||1st||Near North Door||1|
|Performing Arts Walkway||1st||1 glass case board by performing arts||1|
|Physical Sciences||Base||Near 10 and 22||2|
|Santos Manuel Student Union||2nd||Across from 203 Others need SU approval||1|
|Sierra Hall||1st||Next to 127||1|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||Base||Between the elevators||1|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||1st||Between the elevators||1|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||1st||Outide room 127||2|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||1st||Inside room 128 doors||2|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||1st||Outside room 128 doors||2|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||1st||Outside room 129||2|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||2nd||Between the elevators||3|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||2nd||Student Lounge||2|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||3rd||Between the elevators||1|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||4th||Between the elevators||1|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||5th||Between the elevators||1|
|University Hall||3rd||Between the elevators||1|
|University Hall||4th||Left of the elevators||1|
|University Hall||4th||Left of the elevators||1|
|Visual Arts||1st||Opposite of 104||1|
Need a list of locations? Click this link: Bulletin Board List