- Office of Student Engagement oversees 58 bulletin boards throughout campus for the purpose of advertisement. Postings must be approved at the Office Student Engagement front desk. Postings should explain who, what, where, and when, and provide adequate contact information. Posting size cannot be greater than 11” x17”. Please bring your hard copy postings in to Office of Student Engagement for approval. Please do not advertise any drugs, alcohol, or illicit content. (CSUSB Departments and chartered student clubs and organizations do not need prior OSE approval.)
- For further information about the right to post at CSUSB please see the official Speech and Advocacy Policy
- Office of Student Engagement provides social and co-curricular programs for student involvement and to enhance the students overall experience here at CSUSB. Office of Community Engagement provides service and volunteer based learning opportunities for students', faculty, and staff here on campus and within the surrounding community of CSUSB.
- For more information, please visit the Office of Community Engagement (OCE) website.
The staff members of Office of Student Engagement are here to coordinate and facilitate programs, events, and workshops for the students and campus community. This includes planning large scale events, club fairs, student leader skill building workshops, and required student organization campus policy training. The staff advises and provides support to clubs and organizations, fraternities and sororities, as well as Student African American Sisterhood (SAAS), Student African American Brotherhood (SAAB), and Hispanic Latino Council here at CSUSB.
The SOAR Office, officially known as Orientation and First Year Experience (OFYE) is located in SMSU 204 which is directly next door to Office of Student Engagement. Find more information about OFYE or the SOAR Orientation Program.
- CSUSB currently has 4 areas on campus that are designated for Free Speech. For a campus map with the outlined designated areas please call 909-537-5234, email us at email@example.com , or stop by Office of Student Engagement SMSU 203.
- For further information on the official Speech and Advocacy Policy.
We sponsor and co-sponsor a variety of events here at CSUSB such as:
- Annual Club Conference
- Quarterly campus wide BBQs
- Club fairs
- Noodles in November
- Coyote FEST
- Student Organization Awards Receptions
If you have any questions in regard to events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call or stop by Office of Student Engagement so that we can pull your organization’s charter request to give you an update on the status of your Charter Request. (909-537-5234 or SMSU 203)
- If your club would like to reserve space inside the Santos Manuel Student Union you will need to work with SMSU Scheduling Services Office in SMSU 223. (Questions? Please call 909-537-5962).
- To reserve space anywhere else on campus you will need to work with Special Events and Guest Services in CO-107. (Questions? Please call 909-537-7360). Keep in mind that forms will need to be signed by one of the student organization’s financially responsible officers and a staff member from Office of Student Engagement.
- If your food sale is taking place inside of the Santos Manuel Student Union you will need to fill out a space reservation with SMSU Scheduling Office SMSU 223 (Questions? Please call 909-537-5962).
- For sales anywhere else on campus you will need to fill out a space reservation with Special Events and Guest Services CO-107.
- All student organizations must maintain three officers, President, Vice President, and Treasurer. Officers are required to maintain a 2.5 Grade Point Average (GPA) for each quarter and cumulatively. Two additional matriculated members are required, however their GPA is not a factor, and they are not financially responsible.
- Each organization is required to submit and maintain an organization constitution. This constitution will assist in the general operations, membership criteria, and election procedures for each organization. A sample constitution is available under the Resources tab. (Questions? please call 909-537-7360).