Student Employment as a practice serves as a pillar of our campus. In preparation of our Annual Student Employee of the Year Awards in April, we encourage all staff, faculty, and departments/colleges to participate in this nomination process and display your appreciation for the contributions that our Student Employees provide at CSUSB.
- All Staff, Faculty, Administrators, and Departments are eligible to submit nominations.
- All Undergraduate/Graduate*, Work Study, Associated Student Inc. (ASI), University Enterprises Corporation, and Santos Manuel Student Union student employees are eligible for consideration. Must be a current student employee.
- Students may be nominated more than once. Winners are not determined by the number of nominations submitted, but by the criteria met. Although you may be aware of a student having multiple nominations, we still encourage you to submit your personal nomination.
- Students must have worked or be anticipated to work a minimum of six months part-time by March 1, 2024, during the selection period.
- Departments, Work Leads, and Supervisors (MPP/Dean) can nominate more than one student.
- Previous Annual Recipients cannot receive the award again, but previous nominees are eligible.
- *Teaching Associates are not eligible for this nomination.
Students will be evaluated by the committee on the following qualities:
- Impact to University or Community
- Professionalism: student understands and demonstrates effective work habits, and acts in the interest of the larger community and workplace
- Contribution to University's Mission: CSUSB ensures student learning and success, conducts research, scholarly and creative activities, and is actively engaged in the vitality of our region. We cultivate the professional, ethical, and intellectual development of our students, faculty and staff so they thrive and contribute to a globally connected society.
Nominators must give specific information for each criterion to determine the applicant’s overall evaluation. Use specific examples to assess each of the four criteria as they relate to student performance. Keep in mind, the nomination committee will only be aware of your students’ accomplishments that the nominator provides. A 500-word maximum is permitted for each quality.
All nominations are due Friday, March 08, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. (PST)
All nominators and nominees will be invited to attend the Annual Outstanding Student Employee of the Year Awards Ceremony. It is highly encouraged to attend the program as the award recipients will be revealed the day of the event. RSVP’s will be sent closer to the day of the event.
All faculty, staff, and student employees will be invited to the program, but RSVPs will be provided to only the nominators and their nominee. Reasonable accommodations may be provided by request.
If you have any questions, please call the Student Employment Office at (909) 537-5225 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.