Build an identity that celebrates the uniqueness of our university, promotes our accomplishments, and inspires involvement.
CSUSB will have a well-defined and supported university identity as measured by students, faculty, staff, alumni and community perceptions by June 2020.
- Engage in a process that identifies what makes CSUSB distinctive, including unifying communication themes.
- Develop a centralized comprehensive integrated marketing communication plan to reinforce our identity with internal and external audiences by January 2017.
- Invest sufficient resources annually to perpetuate the university’s identity.
Create a vibrant and memorable student life experience that reinforces the university’s identity to increase student engagement in campus activities by 10% by 2020.
- Create, identify, and update gathering spaces on campus to encourage student engagement.
- Identify, define, and brand CSUSB traditions and signature events.
Increase prospective students’ perceptions of CSUSB as a university of choice from 68% to 78% by 2020 as measured by 2012 Institutional Research (IR) Campus Quality Survey.
- Develop a student-to-prospective-student campaign to promote CSUSB as a first-choice option for all students including a “We Are CSUSB” YouTube video competition.
Increase positive perceptions of CSUSB with internal and external audiences by 10% over baseline by 2020.
- Brand the university based on our uniqueness and values by creating communication tools including a media kit and other promotional products.
- Regularly update website and other distribution sources with real-time messaging to tell our story, promote our achievements and publicize campus events.
- Integrate the campus internet radio station with Media Services, the Coyote Chronicle, and the Communication Studies television studio.
Increase alumni engagement by 10% by 2020, as measured by the Alumni Affairs alumni activity report.
- Develop a minimum of 2 major annual events that celebrate alumni accomplishments and attract over 300 distinct alumni.
- Develop more career networking opportunities for alumni.
- Increase the number of contactable alumni of record in the alumni database.