Steward resources for sustainability, and acquire new sources of funding.
Secure at least two nationally-recognized public and/or private partnerships to facilitate growth and innovation.
- University stakeholders will engage in a collaborative process to identify key priorities and areas of expertise that are well-positioned to attract interest and support from public-private partners.
- Prospective partner entities will be identified, cultivated and solicited, utilizing existing and new relationships with campus leaders, to secure funding, recognition, and other tangible resources.
Develop infrastructure; revise, update, and create new processes by fall 2017 to enable the university to launch and increase innovative entrepreneurial activities.
- Cultivate a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation as a source of talent for innovation and as an incubator of business and social enterprises.
- Develop collaboration between academic leadership, faculty, and administration to ensure an innovative, scalable approach to the development and delivery of entrepreneurial activities across the entire university.
- Develop policy reviews/updates and develop pathway/process to expand existing entrepreneurial activities and launch new initiatives to enhance contributions to CSUSB.
Increase non-resident revenue by 5% annually, and increase the fiveyear philanthropic productivity average by 12% at the end of 2020.
- Continue current campus effort of increasing non-resident enrollment by 5% annually through 2020.
- Lead a “visioning” process with internal and external stakeholders to identify fundable concepts based on the university’s priorities, areas of strength, and strategic plan. (contributes to SPAC goal #5)
- Secure an academic and/or programmatic university champion for each funding priority, who is responsible for collaborating with University Advancement to pursue funding opportunities. (contributes to SPAC goal #1 and 2)
Plan and implement a process by which existing resources (space, budget, staffing) are re-allocated efficiently, increase off-campus space utilization to 5% by 2020, and increase process efficiency by completing process mapping of 25 major and impactful functions across the university.
- Initiate a feasibility study with internal and external constituencies to evaluate current usage of space on and off campus. (contributes to SPAC goal #4)
- By the end of 2017, complete and implement a campus process efficiency assessment to evaluate current campus inefficiencies and to execute process improvements.
Increase the number of proposal submissions of contracts, grants, and philanthropic sectors by at least 5% annually with a targeted increase of 25% by 2020. Increase new award funding to at least $25M/year by 2020.
- Develop and implement a process to provide increased grant writing support and program management to effectively propose and streamline management of grants, contracts, and extramural funding opportunities. (contributes to SPAC goal #2)