Here are some tips in order to make your purchases from Dell process smoothly. CSU, San Bernardino has a contract with Dell with pricing accessed through their “Premier” web site. Please do not shop for your Dell computer under any other Dell site (ie. www.dell.com - Home & Home Office, Small Business, Higher Education, etc). The Premier site is the only one where you can get access to the CSUSB contract pricing and you will need a profile established in order to logon. Please email Erika Takenaka at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request for access. You will be notified if your access is established.
All purchase orders issued by CSUSB to Dell are based on quotes issued through the Premier website or by our Dell inside sales representative.
- When you login a list of CSUSB standard configurations should appear on your Premier Dashboard. Choosing from among the standard configurations is most cost effective for the university.
- Once you have made your choices, be sure to update the page to save any customizations and quantities and then click on the "Save as E-Quote" button.
- You will be asked to enter some information such as your name, email address, the quote name and description.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click "Continue".
- A quote number (1000xxxxxxx) will be assigned to your order. Save a copy of the quotation.
- Enter a requisition into PeopleSoft Finance: Use vendor #0000000274, Dell Marketing, LP and reference the quote number in header comments. You may attach a copy of the quote (.pdf, please) to the requisition.
The Premier site does allow for ordering and payment via procurement card. If you opt to use this method, you must obtain proper receipts and notify Property Management Office. Property Management has created a new process for collecting information about ProCard equipment purchases. Just click on the link below and it takes you to a form where you can enter all of the information needed from your purchase. Thank you for your cooperation. If you have further questions, please contact Property Management Office at (909) 537-5147.
Although using the website to obtain a quotation is recommended, you also have the option to request a quote from our sales representative at Dell, Jerry Sivrey. You can send the specifications of the computer that you need to Jerry.Sivret@dell.com.
Please be advised that all computers or laptops with monitors or LCD screens are subject to a California State Environmental Fee. This fee should be entered as a separate line item as it is a service and is not taxable. The fee schedule is as follows:
- Less than 15 inches = $4
- 15 inches to 35 inches = $5
- More than 35 inches = $6
**NOTE: The majority of the computers purchased (desktop and laptop/notebook/tablet) are considered micro computers and not mainframes: the category code for these is 20400. Since this code includes peripherals as well as micro computers, printers should also be listed under this category code. Additional monitors which are not purchased as part of a system and are on their own requisition line should be entered with category code 20460.
Please contact Procurement and Contracts at 909/537-5142 if you have any questions regarding this process.