The following is a list of student assistant job classifications.
Represented Student Classifications (Collective Bargaining Agreement - R11):
1150 - Instructional Student Assistant
1151 - Instructional Student Assistant - On-Campus Work Study
1152 - Instructional Student Assistant – Off Campus
1153 - Instructional Student Assistant – Off Campus Work Study
Non-Represented Student Classifications (E99):
1870 - Student Assistant
1871 - Student Trainee, On-Campus Work Study
1872 - Student Trainee, Off-Campus Work Study
1874 - Bridge Student Assistant
1875 - Bridge Student Trainee, On-Campus Work Study
1876 - Bridge Student Trainee, Off-Campus Work Study
1868 - Student - Non-Resident Alien Tax Status
November 2019 Student Listings are due no later than December 5, 2019 at 10 am.
Student listings are separated by job classification.
Student Listings are available to departments on the day following the master payroll cut-off dates. These dates may be found on the "State" Faculty and Staff payroll calendar. Please make a copy of the blank listing to use as a master for revisions.
Tips for Student Listings
Student listings are due to Payroll Services in Sierra Hall Room 103, by 10:00 a.m. on the attendance due date (refer to the ‘Student and Positive Pay’ calendar).
Student listings received late are not guaranteed for on-time pay.
- Time to be reported in increments of tenths.
- Always indicate the total amount of hours worked
- Original signature is required.
- Use black or blue ink, no white-out (legal document).
- Do not combine hours worked for multiple pay periods.
- Do not project the hours worked.
- Submit the student listing only and retain the timesheet for your department records.
- Keep a copy of the submitted student listing.
All Bridge, NRA and ISA appointments require a termination.
Payment of Wages at Separation (AB2410)
Per AB 2410:
- A student assistant who resigns from employment must be paid wages earned no later than 72 hours from the date of separation.
- If the student provides notice of resignation at least 72 hours in advance, all wages earned must be paid on the last day of employment.
- An employee who is discharged must be paid wages earned on LAST DAY of employment.
Final Hours Listings
Send an email to the Payroll Technician informing them to expect Final hours for a student and give the last day physically worked by the student.
- Write "FINAL HOURS" at the top of the student listing.
- Indicate the total amount of hours worked for the pay period.
- Indicate an "X" in the seperated column.
- Student should have final paycheck on last day worked.
If a student works more than the allotted hours in a pay period, an over-hours memo must be sent with the student listing.
The memo needs to include:
- Student's name and employee ID number
- The number of excess hours student worked
- Reason for the additional hours
- Memo must be signed by MPP
- Write "REVISED" at the top of the student listing.
- Indicate the total amount of hours worked.
- Note on the student listing "Previous hours submitted:"
Ex: If you submitted 10.0 hours worked and the student actually worked 15.0 hours, the revised listing should read 15.0, not 5.0. Note on the student listing "Previous hours submitted: 10".
If the hours were overstated on the listing, follow the same process as above.