- Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill)
- The Montgomery GI Bill program provides up to 36 months of education benefits. Generally, benefits are payable for 10 years following your release from active duty.
- Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
- The VR&E program assists veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find and keep suitable jobs. VR&E offers services to improve your ability to live as independently as possible.
- Chapter 32 (Veterans Educational Assistance Program)
- VEAP is available if you elected to make contributions from your military pay to participate in this education benefit program. Your contributions are matched on a $2 for $1 basis by the government.
- Chapter 33 (The Post - 9/11 GI Bill)
- Post-9/11 GI Bill refers to the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 which expands the educational benefits for military veterans. The Act aims to provide funding for 100% of a public four-year undergraduate education to a veteran who has served three or more years on active duty since September 11, 2001.
- Chapter 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill - Select Reserves)
- The MGIB-SR program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. A monthly allowance is sent to you, which may be used for books, supplies tuition or fees.
- Chapter 1607 (Reserve Education Assistance Program)
- REAP (Chapter 1607) is a Department of Defense/VA education benefit program designed to provide educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency (contingency operation)* as declared by the President or Congress.
- College Fund
- The College Fund is divided into monthly payments that are added to regular MGIB payments. You cannot receive your College Fund money without receiving MGIB benefits.
- The GI Bill Kicker, also known as the Army, Navy or Marine Corps College Fund, is an educational benefit that is added to your GI Bill. The kicker can increase your monthly GI Bill payment rate by as much as $950 a month.
To learn more about these benefits, visit the Military / Veterans Corner.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).