College: College of Business and Public Administration
Department: Information & Decision Sciences
Phone: (909) 537-5036
Office: JB 237
Office Hours: See dept. listing in JB-460
- Dr. John Wu is a tenured full professor of Supply Chain and Transportation at California State University, San Bernardino. Dr. Wu received his PhD in Business Logistics and Marketing from Pennsylvania State University and an MA in International Management from the University of Texas. He is certified in transportation and logistics by AST& L.
- Between 2008 and 2012, Dr. Wu was director of the Leonard Transportation Center, a DOT Tier II university research center that supported research and development projects in Southern California. Dr. Wu’s specializations include outsourcing, operations and supply chain, sustainable supply chain and Asian management. His research in supply chain integration, sustainable supply chain operations, international business, and management education has been published in a number of journals including the California Journal of Oriental Medicine, FJIB, TRF, the International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, TJ, and the Journal of Business Logistics.
- Professor Wu has practical experience in logistics and supply chain management from the various positions he held and projects he was involved in. He has consulted with Fortune 500 companies such as Merck, Conrail, Compaq, Payless Shoe Source, and McCormick in the U.S., and global companies such as Sony in Mexico; DTG, Swire, China Post, and ZPMC in China; and Taiwan Cellular in Taiwan. He has trained numerous Chinese government officials and business managers since 1997 in private and UN-sponsored programs.
- Professional Service
- Dr. Wu is an active member in Asia Society, Asian Business League, AsiaNetwork, Chinese American Faculty Association (president, 1999-2000), Decision Sciences Institute, American Chinese Management Educators Association (vice president, 2009-2010), Distribution Management Association (board member, 2009-2013) and Transportation Research Board. He was twice elected president of the California State University Production and Operations Management Faculty Association, and editor for the California Journal of Production and Operations Management, the Journal of International Transportation Systems, and SciTopics Transportation.
- Professor Wu’s achievements have won him many awards and scholarships. He was the Wang Family Research Scholar, a designation for outstanding research professors at the California State University system. Moreover, he has received grants or scholarships from Irvine Foundation, Union Bank of California, San Diego Community Foundation (twice) and USC Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBEAR). He also successfully secured funding to develop new interdisciplinary curricula and exchange programs from major foundations including the Henry Luce Foundation, the Ford Foundation and the Japan Foundation.
- John is a Taiwanese native who speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese. He lives in beautiful Claremont near LA and enjoys traveling, reading, hiking, theatre, running and motorcycling. Dr. Wu can be reached at his CSUSB office at (909) 537-7484 or email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org