Online Module & Exam available at the College of Extended and Global Education
Register with the College of Extended and Global Education for the Online Module. The Online Module is designed to help prepare you for the challenge examination and includes a more brief presentation of the basic principles and provisions of the U.S. Constitution and its amendments. The Online Module highlights some key elements of the Constitution, but is not a complete preparation for the exam.
- If you choose this option, please remember to contact the College of Extended and Global Education directly at (909) 537-5976, to make an appointment.
- Come in person to the College of Extended and Global Education (CGI-301), to pay for the fees and enroll in the Online Module. Testing hours Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00 pm.
Register for the challenge examination only and prepare for the exam completely on your own.
- To register for this option, come in person to the College of Extended and Global Education (CGI-301), pay the exam fees. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 am-5:00 pm.
- You will then report to the College of Extended and Global Education to take the exam that day. Those choosing this option should allow at least 2 hours: at least one hour to take the exam and the additional time to park, register and study any notes before taking the exam.
If you choose this option, it is highly recommended that you contact the College of Extended and Global Education directly at (909) 537-5976 and discuss your proposed time to ensure they are available during the current testing hours.
Online Exam Only – ProctorU
Register for the online challenge examination only and prepare for the exam completely on your own. This option is designed to allow students to conveniently take the U.S. Constitution Challenge Exam 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- To register for this option you may come in or call the College of Extended and Global Education, pay the exam fees. Office hours are Monday- Friday, 8 am-5:00pm
- You will be sent an email confirmation with the Blackboard & ProctorU sign on information. This email will outline in detail the next steps in scheduling and taking the exam.
- Flex Scheduling allows an examinee to make an appointment up to 72 hours before the desire start time. There is an additional fee if examinee wants to take the test on-demand with no appointment needed. No fees for appointments scheduled after 72 hours.
- You will need a web cam and must have Mozilla Firefox or Chrome to run the blackboard and ProctorU program. There is a higher chance of unexpected technical problems when running Internet Explorer with Blackboard for a long time.
If you choose this option you will be proctored during the test administration and have a maximum of 90 minutes to complete the exam with no supplementary materials or notes will be allowed during the exam. Once the College of Extended and Global Education has processed your registration, please allow 2-3 business days for CSUSB's system to generate a coyote ID which you will need to log into Blackboard and schedule a time with Proctor U to take the exam.
Suggested books in the CSUSB Pfau Library to review for the U.S. Constitution exam:
American Government (eighth edition) by James Q. Wilson and John J. Dilulio, Jr. ( Chapters 2 and 11)The Founding of the Democratic Republic by Martin Diamond. ( Chapters 2, 3, 4)