School audiometrists administer tests on students to assess and measure hearing. This online course examines the anatomy and physiology of the auditory mechanism including the nature of the acoustic stimulus, hearing disorders, problems of the hard of hearing, and pure-tone audiometry. The successful completion of the course leads to the Certificate of Registration as a School Audiometrist, granted by the California Department of Health Services.
- Successful completion of the course meets the requirements to apply for a California state certified School Audiometrist
- Work independently to complete the majority of the course online
- Use precision hearing testing equipment
- Gain knowledge to perform screening and threshold tests
- Learn to keep accurate records and prepare necessary reports
- Earn 4 quarter units of degree-applicable-level credit when you successfully complete the course
- Internet access
- Email address
- Virus protection software
- Microsoft Word
- Calibrated portable audiometer
- Licensed audiologist or state certified school audiometrist mentor for practical assignments
- Additional textbook may be required
- Online and written
In person practical final to be given at CSU San Bernardino (out of area students may use a licensed audiologist only to proctor their final)
**Please note that CSUSB will be on the semester system beginning Fall 2020.
*Dates and Fees subject to change
Fall 2020 - Registration coming soon
This is an academic credit online course, once you have been given your password and access to the online course, refunds or transfer of fees are no longer possible. The refund policies for the College of Extended and Global Education can be found on our website at: https://www.csusb.edu/cege/policies This is a graded academic course and thus follows the campus academic calendar dates. Please visit http://bulletin.csusb.edu/calendar/ to view important deadlines for the term.