Medical transcription professionals play a key role in providing accurate medical records. The industry is evolving to include two important and distinct roles:
• Medical transcriptionists who type (or transcribe) the dictations of doctor/patient interactions, creating the reports that are included in patients' medical records.
• Medical transcription editors who are specialized medical transcriptionists focused on correcting and editing the written reports generated by speech recognition software, which electronically transcribes dictations into text.
Who Should Attend
Those interested in working in the medical field as a medical transcriptionist or editor.
The curriculum is approved by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI), and it includes real-world practical experience to ensure you gain the skills you need to excel in the workforce.
Medical transcription is primarily a work-from-home occupation, giving you the opportunity to have a professional career from the comfort of your own home. Most healthcare providers outsource their medical transcription work to national healthcare documentation companies, which hire medical transcription professionals from all over the country to transcribe and edit the records from their homes in an online, virtual work environment.
- The entire program is offered online.
- Start anytime during the quarter.
- Complete it from the convenience of your home and on your schedule.
- Progress at the pace that matches your learning style.
To learn more about payment plans or alternative loans, please contact our Workforce Team at (909)537-3990 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSUSB’s College of Extended and Global Education , in partnership with Career Step, offers online open enrollment programs designed to provide the skills needed to acquire professional level positions for many in-demand occupations.
For additional programs, visit the Career Step/CSUSB web page.
Please choose your career based online course carefully. Once you have been given your password and access to the online course, refunds or transfers are no longer possible.