Once I’m Accepted, How Does the Accounting Certificate Program Work?
When you are admitted to the Accounting Certificate Program, you'll receive a Program Plan and invitation to confirm your intent to register for classes. When we receive your confirmation we'll send you a useful Student Handbook.
Make sure you inform the Program Specialist in your confirmation email if you intend to enroll in the classes indicated on your Program Plan, or if you need a change to your Plan. The Program Specialist will enroll you in your classes.
When you receive the registration confirmation:
- activate your myCoyote account and your myCoyote email; instructions will be included in the confirmation
- start using your myCoyote email; this will be your official contact email for program-related communications
- this will give you access to the Blackboard learning system; start exploring so you're familiar with it when classes start
- pay for your tuition with a form in the enrollment confirmation email
- obtain your course textbook and CPA materials, if applicable (see Course Material page)
- be sure to frequently check your Coyote email, as all official CSUSB communications will come to your student email address.
Once you gain access to your myCoyote student center, you can see your classes, tuition owed, unofficial transcripts, and other details about your CSUSB record. You will not be permitted to use the automatic and self-registration and payment features in your student center. These actions must be managed through your Program Specialist.
Coursework will be available through Blackboard, our electronic course management system. A few days before the beginning of each class, instructors will post syllabi and course content in Blackboard. Courses happen asynchronously. Your course syllabus will give assignments and dues dates, and you will view lectures and do readings in your own schedule. This 100% online program allows you to manage your classes, work, and personal life - and still work toward your future.
Applying close to beginning of a session
If it is close to the beginning of a session, you can still apply and be admitted to the program. In this case, the Program Specialist will contact you and move you through the process so you can be registered for classes in time. The last day to be admitted and get registered is 7 days before the first day of class of the session you wish to begin. That is also the tuition due date.
More about tuition, fees and funding your courses
Course tuition is due 7 days before classes start. You’ll receive one reminder with information on how to pay your fees. It is YOUR responsibility to know the policies, deadlines and important dates for the Program. Staff are here to help you succeed – don’t hesitate to reach out!
- Each Accounting Certificate course tuition cost is $1350 ($450 per unit)
- Textbooks and course materials are not included in tuition
- Tuition is due 1 week before the start of classes
- The program DOES NOT accept federal financial aid (via the FAFSA).
- Alternative loans are available; learn more about Finance Your Education
- Payment plan terms are 50% down + $33 admin fee, then 1-2 payments before the end of the session; inquire with the Program Specialist at email@example.com
- If your employer is paying all or a portion of your tuition, we can bill directly
- Check with your employer about Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Development programs
- Check with your service clubs, professional organizations, and membership organizations about scholarships
The Accounting Certificate program is administered in the College of Extended and Global Education. Our refund policy states:
- Drop a course before the first day of class = $25 admin fee
- Drop a course on the first day of class and through CENSUS = 65% refund less a $25 admin fee
- Drop a course after CENSUS = no refund
|Term/Year||Session||Course Dates||Final Registration and Payment||Census Date||Last Day to Drop with 65% refund|
|Fall 2020||1||8/24 - 9/26/20||8/17/20/20||9/4/20||9/4/20|
9/28 - 10/31/20
|Fall 2020||3||11/9 - 12/12/20||11/2/2020||11/20/20||11/20/20|
|Winter 2020-2021||1||12/14/20 - 1/16/2021||12/7/2020||12/28/20||12/28/20|
|Spring 2021||1||1/25 - 2/27/21||1/18/2021||2/5/21||2/5/21|
|Spring 2021||2||3/1 - 4/3/21||2/21/21||3/12/21||3/12/21|
|Spring 2021||3||4/12 - 5/15/21||4/5/21||4/23/21||4/23/21|
|Summer 2021||1||6/2 - 7/1/21||5/27/21||6/11/21||6/11/21|
Registration, Records and other Policies:
Accounting Certificate courses are academic credit courses. Therefore they adhere to academic standards and policies. You can find more information about grading, records, transcripts, and the implications of withdrawing from courses on the Office of the Registrar website.
University Registration policies apply. You may find the most common ones on the Office of the Registrar website below the Registration tab.
Anytime you have questions about the program, policies, fees, and program opportunities, please contact the Program Specialist.