Why get a Certificate in Accounting?
- get your career started
- prepare yourself for higher levels in the Accounting field
- add a focus to a degree or job experience
- complete prerequisites for an MSA or education units to sit for the CPA exam
If you’re visiting this site, you’re probably thinking about your career already.
There’s no time like the present.
Who should enroll?
- high school graduates looking for a career path
- community college students/graduates with intro Accounting courses already done
- business majors or graduates with a BA or BS looking for a focus in the Accounting field
- Bachelor’s Degree holders who need prerequisites for the Master of Science in Accountancy
- professionals in the field already who need coursework units to sit for the CPA exam
See yourself here? Keep reading…
How does it work?
100% online, accelerated classes get you through and on your way to your next career step.
You can finish in as little as 5 months, or take your time to balance your schedule. It’s your program – how you navigate it is up to you!
We have an easy admission process. After you submit the application, simply send your diploma or transcripts for review, and get a reply within 4 days. Some previous coursework may be used to waive certificate courses. Coursework appearing on submitted transcripts will be evaluated for waiver during the admission process. This can reduce the number of courses you will need to take to earn the Certificate.
Retraining and workforce students are welcome. Contact the Program Specialist for details on how to use your benefits.
A few more details on funding, loans, employer tuition reimbursement and more.
When can I start?
Accounting Certificate introductory classes start in Fall and Spring Semesters. Intermediate courses will be offered in mid Fall and mid Spring. When you can start depends on which accounting courses you need to take. A customized Program Plan will guide you through your courses.
Your start date depends on:
- your career goals
- your course level needed
- how many accounting classes, if any, you have already take
Go to the Course Schedule page for session dates and course cycle.
Complete the one-minute program application and start a future you can count on!
Up to two equivalent courses taken at another college or university may be substituted in place of up to two courses in the program.
Length of Program
5 months - Student must take 2 classes each session in order to complete the program in 5 months. The course series begins in Fall and Spring semesters.
$450 per unit. Total program: $10,800 (8 courses, 24 units total; one available elective course additional)
- Auditing Clerks
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Clerk
- Senior Accounting Assistant
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Clerks
- Accounts Payable/Receivable Technicians