Why get a Certificate in Accounting?
- Fast-track your next career step
- Prepare yourself for advancement in the Accounting industry
- Add a focus to a degree or in-service experience
- Advance in your current Accounting position
- Complete prerequisites for an MSA
- Earn required education units to sit for the CPA exam
If you’re visiting this site, you’re already thinking about your career. This 100% online certificate program was created for you. There’s no time like the present.
Who should enroll?
- Bachelor’s degree holders who need prerequisites for the Master of Science in Accountancy
- Professionals in the field who need coursework units to sit for the CPA exam
- Business majors or graduates with a BA or BS who have decided to focus in the Accounting field
- Community college students/graduates with intro Accounting courses already done
- High school graduates looking for a career path
See yourself here? Keep reading…
How does it work?
100% online, accelerated classes get you through and on your way to your next career step.
You can finish in as little as 5 months, or take your time to balance your schedule. It’s your program – how you navigate it is up to you!
We have an easy admission process. After you submit the application, simply send your diploma or transcripts for review, and get a reply within four days. Some previous coursework may be transferred to waive certificate courses. This can reduce the number of courses you will need to take to earn the Certificate.
Retraining and workforce students are welcome. Contact the Program Specialist for details on how to use your benefits.
Read a few more details on funding, loans, employer tuition reimbursement and more.
When can I start?
Accounting Certificate introductory classes start in Fall and Spring Semesters. Intermediate courses will be offered in mid Fall and mid Spring. When you can start depends on which accounting courses you need to take. A customized Program Plan will guide you through your courses.
Your start date depends on:
- You career goals
- Your course level needed
- How many accounting classes, if any, you’ve already taken
Introductory classes start in Fall (late August) and Spring (late January) semesters. Intermediate courses are offered in late Fall and late Spring, as well as over Summer and Winter sessions.
Go to the Course Schedule page for session dates and course cycle.
Complete the one-minute program application and start a future you can count on!
Up to two equivalent courses taken at other colleges or universities may be substituted for courses in the program. Transcripts are used to determine if your previous courses will transfer in.
Length of Program
5 months - Students are expected to take two classes each session in order to complete the program in five months. You may also extend the program over two semesters to balance your finances and schedule.
$450 per unit. Total program: $10,800 (8 courses, 24 units total)
- Auditing Clerks
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Clerk
- Senior Accounting Assistant
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Clerks
- Accounts Payable/Receivable Technicians