Welcome to California State University, San Bernardino! We are excited that you have selected CSUSB to continue with your undergraduate education. The Orientation program is a mandatory program that provides you with key resources to help with your transition into the CSUSB community and your journey toward academic success.
Read more below based on your student type (Transfer or First Year) and the campus you were admitted to for Spring 2023.
Orientation - Spring 2023 Admitted Students
Orientation will consist of:
Pre-Orientation - this is online and available 24 hours after you register for your Orientation session. This is accessible via your myCoyote portal under the My Tasks tile.
Orientation - a session that will prepare you for life as a Coyote, including campus resources, health and safety and academic advising information.
Additional programming throughout the spring semester to connect you to campus!
Deadline to Register
- Wednesday, December 15 by 5:00 PM -- Registrants after December 15 will incur a $25 late fee, to be assessed to your student account.
In the meantime, explore the university website and prepare to become a part of the Coyote community.
Accept Your Offer of Admission
All students must accept their offer of admission BEFORE November 30. To do so, follow the instructions found via Admissions. Please note that this fee is separate from any Orientation fees. The non-refundable, non-transferable deposit declares your intent to attend CSUSB and can be paid through your myCoyote account. Once you accept your offer of admission, please allow 24-48 hours before you register for a Orientation session. For more information, visit Admissions and Student Recruitment.
Emergency Contact Information
You should complete the Emergency Contact information on your myCoyote Self Service Student Center Portal before registering for Orientation. This information will only be used in case of an emergency and someone needs to be contacted on your behalf. Be sure to keep this information updated with CSUSB.
Submit Your COVID-19 Self-Certification
All members of the CSUSB community are required to provide a self-certification of their vaccination status. If you do not submit this information, you will be prohibited from enrolling in courses at the university. Complete the certification today via your myCoyote portal.
Submit Your FINAL Transcripts
Partial transcripts are due to Admissions and Student Recruitment by January 6. Failure to submit final transcripts by the January 6, 2023 may result in your offer for admission being cancelled and you will not be able to attend CSUSB.
In order to be considered fully admitted, you must submit official transcripts to demonstrate that your final grades and coursework continue to reflect your eligibility to the university, and that you are eligible for transfer. Applicants will be considered fully admitted when an admissions officer verifies that the student has completed all coursework in progress at a satisfactory level.
All official transcripts may be mailed to:
CSUSB Admissions & Student Recruitment
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
You may deliver sealed official transcripts to the CSUSB Office of Admissions & Student Recruitment in University Hall, Room 107.
NOTE: To better optimize your advising experience during orientation, you must submit your official transcripts as soon as possible – even if you are currently enrolled in courses at another college or university.
Review Orientation Cost / Fees and Waiver of Liability
Students who register to participate in the Orientation program agree to the cost of the program, any fees that might be charged, and a waiver of liability. It is important that you read these policies prior to registering for Orientation.
Registration for Spring 2023 admitted students is now open!
Registration will be online via your myCoyote account. You may register for an orientation session once you have accepted your offer of admissions. Once you have accepted your offer, please allow 24-48 hours to gain access to Orientation Registration in your myCoyote portal.
Keep in Mind
- Space is limited for each orientation session. The earlier you pay your confirmation deposit, accept your offer of admission, and complete all your requirements for full admission, the more likely you are to receive the orientation date of your choice.
- We strongly encourage you to register for the first available orientation date that you can attend. Some of the later orientation sessions might occur after your assigned spring semester class registration date and time.
- Orientation dates fill up quickly. Dates that were once available may be closed when you revisit them, so have an alternate date in mind.
How to Register
In order to register for an Orientation session, you will need to:
- Know your Coyote (student) ID Number. Each student is given a nine-digit identification number upon submission of their application for admission (ex: 000123456). The number is listed on all of the communication sent to you by Admissions & Student Recruitment. If you cannot locate your Coyote ID, please call Admissions and Student Recruitment at (909) 537-5188.
- Know your CSUSB e-mail address. Orientation information will be sent to your CSUSB Coyote e-mail address ONLY.
- Know any scheduling conflicts. Orientation is mandatory; make sure you plan accordingly to attend the entire session. Your Orientation hold is not removed unless you complete the orientation program in full, and you will not be able to register for courses with this hold.
- Log into myCoyote.
- Select the Orientation Registration tile. This will be located under My Tasks.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register and choose a date.
Making Changes to Your Orientation Session
If you need to change your Orientation date:
- Send us an email at email@example.com. In the e-mail be sure to include the following:
- First and Last Name
- Student ID Number
- Original Orientation date your are registered for
- New Orientation date you want to switch into
- Contact phone number
- Call Orientation and First Year Experience at (909) 537-5233. Please be ready to provide the above information when you call.
NOTE: Changing the date of your Orientation session is subject to availability in another Orientation session. If you change your Orientation date more than once, you will be changed an administrative fee of $25 per change. Please review the Program Costs and Fees page.
If you need to change one of the following:
- Update your contact information (address or phone number): you can update your information on your myCoyote portal.
Change Your Major: If you have paid your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit, you must change your major with the Office of the Registrar, using the following instructions and guidelines.
If you have not yet paid your deposit, contact Admissions and Student Recruitment at (909) 537-5188 for more information.
Transfer Orientation dates are in late fall for students admitted for Spring 2023. All students are REQUIRED to participate in an orientation session. Registration is based on a first come, first-served basis. NOTE: Spring semester class registration for new transfer students begins as early as October 31, 2022; please check your myCoyote portal for your specific registration appointment date and time.
Before You Register
- See below for dates available. You will attend orientation for the campus to which you were admitted (Palm Desert or San Bernardino).
- Deadline to register for any session is Thursday, December 15 by 5 PM. Registrants after December 15 will incur a $25 late fee, to be assessed to your student account.
- Due to limited space, it is advised that you register for the first available session.
- You will not be able to register for orientation once a session date has closed.
- Please make sure you do not have any outside conflicts (such as work, school, etc.) with the scheduled orientation date and times for your session. You must attend the entire session for your Orientation requirement to be complete.
Information regarding your Orientation session will be sent to your CSUSB email account. Be sure you are checking that account for reminders and program details.
Registration is now open!
|Friday, October 28||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM||Friday, October 21||Closed|
|2||Friday, November 18||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM||Monday, November 14||Closed|
|3||Saturday, November 19||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM||Monday, November 14||Closed|
|4||Tuesday, December 13||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM||Wednesday, December 7||Open|
|Thursday, November 3||
9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Friday, October 28
Tuesday, November 22
9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Thursday, November 17
|3||Thursday, December 15 - VIRTUAL||1:00 - 5:00 PM||Monday, December 12||Open|
Your Orientation hold is not removed from your account until you have successfully completed all steps of the transfer orientation program. You will not be able to register for classes until your Orientation hold is removed.
Please check your CSUSB email for updates. Orientation information will NOT be sent to your personal email account.
To register for a First Year Orientation session, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 537-5233.
- Deadline to register for an appointment is Wednesday, December 15 by 5 PM. Registrants after December 15 will incur a $25 late fee, to be assessed to your student account.
- Please make sure you do not have any outside conflicts (such as work, school, etc.), but we will work with you to schedule your Orientation appointment. Expect the virtual session to be one (1) full hour.
Information regarding your appointment will be sent to your CSUSB email account. Be sure you are checking that account for your confirmation and details.
Your Orientation hold is not removed from your account until you have successfully completed all steps of the orientation program. You will not be able to register for classes until your Orientation hold is removed. Please check your CSUSB email for updates. Orientation information will NOT be sent to your personal email account.
Orientation is a mandatory program for all newly admitted students that will provide you with key resources and tools to help with your transition into the CSUSB community and help continue your journey towards academic success. Our Spring 2023 Transfer Orientation program is as follows:
- Check In & Breakfast - get your CSUSB swag, a light breakfast, and get started for the day!
- Meet Your Orientation Leader - get to know our student leaders who will serve as your guide through not just Orientation but your first term here at CSUSB
- Money Management - spend time with our Financial Aid and Student Financial Services teams to get all your money-related questions answered
- Opportunities to Engage - it's important to find connections here on campus, both with other incoming transfers students and our incredible campus resources at the Department and Services Fair
- Lunch - check out the Coyote Commons
- Academic Advising - you will participate in a group academic advising experience at Orientation. During this time, you will be provided with information about graduation requirements, course planning, and fall registration. In addition, during the program you will be in a computer lab to register for your spring semester courses.
Academic advising is an educational process by which you are integrated into the university's academic community. Academic Advisors help new students make informed decisions about their course selection and university policies and procedures. If you're a transfer student, coming from another institution, you may have credits earned for courses towards your degree at CSUSB, and your Academic Advisor can assist you in that process. If you're a new first-time student coming from high school, you'll want to get to know your advisors as they help you navigate the college system!
During Orientation, you will participate in a group advising experience. You will learn about academic program requirements, academic policies and procedures, and other services that will help you achieve you academic success. Enrollment in courses for fall semester will take place during your assigned registration date and time. Your registration date and time will be available on your myCoyote portal. If your Orientation session does not occur until after your registration window begins, you will not register for courses until you complete your Orientation.