U-Thrive Educational Services
First Year Experience is partnering with Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) to offer first-year and new transfer students a mental health and wellness program in their first year here at CSUSB. The program will be administered through the support of U-Thrive Educational Services.
U-Thrive offers research-based skills and tools in the fields of Positive Psychology, Mindfulness, and Self-Compassion to help students manage stress, become more resilient, and thrive throughout their undergraduate experiences and beyond. Students will participate in a five-hour, five-module program focusing on the topics of well-being, stress, mental health, mindfulness, and self-compassion.
Students will not only have the opportunity to learn and grow in the areas mentioned above, but will build a community with other students who are committed to life-long wellness.
Program Timeline: February 7th - March 14th, 2023
- Attend a 45-minute welcome/program overview meeting
- Complete all five modules (average 60 minutes each)
- Attend five mandatory 50-minute debrief sessions (facilitated by FYE and CAPS)
- Complete a pre and post assessment
- Total number of hours to commit during the spring semester = ONLY 10 HOURS (not including recommended activities and additional resources)
Students who participate in the program will learn:
- Strategies for managing stress
- Tools for building resilience
- Deeper insight into what constitutes happiness
- Self-awareness, understanding, acceptance and compassion
- How to find purpose and meaning