If you've never used Zoom before, we understand it can feel a little scary. But...it really is quite simple. If you've reached this page on our website, you have the skills necessary to participate in a Zoom course online. To help you feel more comfortable, we're created a few resources that you can either view now or print and keep for later reference.
Let's get started...
- Sign up for online classes just like you do for all other OLLI courses and activities. You can either register on our website or mail in a registration form.
- A few days before your first class, you'll receive an email that includes a link you'll click to join your class. That's it. Just click the link and you're in. Be sure to save that email as you'll need the link to join the class.
- If it's your first time using Zoom, you'll be prompted to download the application on your device; simply follow the instructions on your screen. You don't need to purchase anything or set up an account. It's safe, easy, and free.
- You can participate via your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Most laptops, tablets, and smartphones have a built in camera and microphone, which will enhance your Zoom experience. No camera or microphone? You can still participate from your computer by watching the screen and typing any comments or questions in the Chat section. You can also join in from your telephone (with or without a computer) to listen in.
- If you have trouble connecting to the course, we're here to help you over the phone.
Zoom Orientation Workshops
We offer a variety of opportunities to help you get started or to explore some more advanced features when you're ready. To participate, just click on the link below a few minutes prior to the workshop. Remember, if this is your first time using Zoom, you'll be prompted to download the application on your device; simply follow the instructions on your screen.
Upcoming Zoom workshops:
How to Zoom: Tuesday, January 5, 10:00 a.m. Meeting ID: 86238398437
Zoom for iPads & Phones: Thursday, January 7, 10:00 a.m. Meeting ID: 88620989355
Zoom Reference Resources: