Admission to the Foreign-Trained Nurse (FTN) program is limited and requires completion of all documentation by defined deadline. Students are considered on a first come first serve basis depending on submission/completion of required documents.
If interested in the program, please email FTNinfo@csusb.edu
Requirements for Admission:
- Evidence of nursing education, training, and/or licensure outside of the state of California.
- Endorsement letter from the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) showing deficiency in specific subjects or courses in nursing for licensure in California.
- Completion of all defined compliance health and non-health requirements.
- Evidence of previous or current healthcare experience
- Students selected for enrollment in the Foreign Trained Nurse program will be notified by email.
- Following acceptance, students must show evidence of clear criminal background check and negative drug screen.
- Students are assigned to specific nursing courses by the Department of Nursing.
- Students are required to register/enroll with the College of Extended and Global Education by the deadline established by the Department of Nursing (DON).