Welcome to Student Mentoring
- Are you a new CSUSB student who would like to connect with someone to help you navigate the university?
- Student mentors are current CSUSB student leaders who are here to assist first-year students in their first year at the university.
- Mentors help students get connected with faculty, on-campus programs and organizations, and ultimately support your academic success. Maximize your success with a student mentors who support all of the colleges at CSUSB.
About Student Mentoring
Mission: The Student Mentoring Program at CSUSB fosters the success of first and second year undergraduate students through peer-to-peer programs that encourage academic excellence, campus connectedness and engagement, the personal growth, and professional development of participating students.
Program Goals and Outcomes: Academic Excellence and Engagement
- Students who participate in SMP will demonstrate an understanding of campus resources and proactively seek support.
- Students who participate in the SMP will be engaged learners.
- Students who participate in SMP will connect with faculty as mentors and advisors.
Personal Growth and Development of Participating Students
- Students who participate in SMP will demonstrate a growth mindset.
- Students who participate in SMP understand the importance of goal-setting for adult learners.
- Students who participate in SMP will demonstrate organization and time management skills.