The Business Alliance Advisory Council (BAAC) is to serve as a liaison between the business community and the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration at CSUSB. Specifically, BAAC will serve as the College’s premier external leadership group to advise the dean and the college’s senior leadership team on the business community’s skills and engagement needs, serve as a sounding board for new programs and strategic planning, mentor students, facilitate the college’s efforts to connect with the community, and serve on other relevant committees, which will enable the college to achieve its strategic goals and objectives, specifically student success.
In 2015-2016, BAAC has been able to provide:
- Grants to support student clubs such as the FMA and American Marketing Association. The grants have also aided faculty members such as Dr. Janet Courts with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to enhance student learning with experiences beyond the classroom.
- Scholarships totaling $12,000 were awarded to four deserving students at the 43nd Annual CBPA Student Awards Ceremony on June 3, 2016.
- Contributions to the SB Strong Educational Fund, a fund established to create a pool of resources to support the San Bernardino shooting victim’s children should they choose to attend CSUSB.
- A major sponsorship towards the Spirit of the Entrepreneur Awards, the premier event which recognizes successful entrepreneurs and their businesses in the Inland Empire.
- More on Business Alliance:
- *Please note that you must submit the application to the CBPA Development Office (2nd Floor of Jack Brown Hall)