A mailing list (Listserv) is a method of distributing information to a group of people over email. The campus is currently using Mailman for all campus mailing lists. Please refer to the slides from the ITS
You must authenticate using your myCoyote information to use this resource. If you have not activated your myCoyote account please contact the Technology Support Center at (909) 537-7677.
To request a listserv contact the Technology Support Center at email@example.com.
CSUSB Mailing Lists
You can see a listing of all the public mailing lists on lists.csusb.edu. Select the link below, login and pick a list name to get more information about the list, or to subscribe, unsubscribe, or change the preferences on your subscription.
To request a new mailing list, please provide the following information:
- List name - Must be one word and not have any spaces in it as this will be used in the email address for your list serve.
- Owner - The email address of the list owner(s).
- Description - A terse phrase identifying this list. If your list is advertised this description will be provided to potential subscribers so that they can decide if they want to subscribe.
- Advertised - Should your list be shown in the listing of public mailing lists?
- Subscribe policy - By default mailman sends an email to a potential subscriber to confirm their email. If the owner wants to control who subscribes to their mailing list mailman can forward these requests to the owner instead. Should the list owner approve new members?
- Membership exposure - Should the list of members be shown to anyone, list members, or only the list owner?
- List type - Will this list be used for discussions, announcements, or be public. See Types of MailMan lists for details.