Connect to the campus using GlobalProtect VPN
Please be mindful of the following:
- GlobalProtect does NOT "drop you into" a VLAN when connecting, like Pulse did.
- Some users will be required to use Duo with GlobalProtect - see this KB article for more information, if you are one of those users.
- By default, once you connect with GlobalProtect, you will be able to access servers that are "open to the campus."
- If you need access beyond what is open to the whole campus (e.g. RDP to your desktop), you will need to contact your assigned tech and ask them to submit a TNS work order requesting the specific access that you need.
Login, Install and Connect to GlobalProtect by completing the steps below
- Navigate to https://secure.csusb.edu where you will begin the download process.
- Once the login page displays, Enter your Coyote ID number and password, then select log in.
To install the client,
- Once you have logged in via the portal.
- Select GlobalProtect Agent at the top right of the website.
3. Then with your device, depending on the device type select the blue link to begin the download for GP.
3. Once the download file is complete, the Welcome to the GlobalProtect Setup Wizard installer will start.
- Shortly after, a compact Window will display labeled GlobalProtect.
- If it asks for a portal, enter secure.csusb.edu
- Click Connect.
- Enter your CoyoteID and password and click Sign In.
- When it says Connected, you are now able to access campus resources.
- When you are done, select Disconnect.
As a result
If connected, you will be able to access the servers/services that were requested in the TNS work order, as well as anything that is available to the campus.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Technology Support Center at (909) 537-7677 or at Support@csusb.edu