Office 365 - Apple Mail Configuration after Migration
Your Mac’s Mail client will stop functioning after your account is migrated to Office 365. You will need to delete your account and re-add it.
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Internet Accounts. Older versions of OS X may show Mail, Contacts & Calendars instead.
- Find and select your CSUSB account then click the minus (–) button to delete it.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete your account. Click the OK button to accept.
- Select the Exchange type account.
- Enter your Name, Email Address, and Password in the account information and click the Continue button.
- Autodiscover will fail and you will be presented with a warning. Click the Continue button to enter your server information manually.
- Enter your server address, username, and password and click the Continue button. The server address is "outlook.office365.com" and your username must be in the form <Coyote ID>@csusb.edu, where <Coyote ID> is your coyote id.
- You should now see a summary screen. Click the Continue button.
- Select the apps you want to sync with your account and click the Done button.
- Your account has now been added. Close System Preferences and open Mail.
Please note that the Conversations display is enabled by default. If you had this disabled before you will need to turn it off again.
Also note that any signatures you had are still present but may no longer be associated with your account. You will have to reconnect them.