ITGEC Meeting - November
ITS Strategic Priorities 2017-18
VP Sudhakar presented and provided a brief overview of the divisional strategic priorities to the Executive Committee—
• Work with the Campus Community to Foster and Support the implementation of the University Strategic Plan, Quarter to Semester (Q2S) Conversion, and the Graduation Initiative 2025
• Implement the Year Two objectives of the ITS Strategic Plan
• Partner with the Pacific Research Platform to expand our support to faculty led research
• Mature the University Analytics Initiative to provide actionable insights for the Campus Community
• Fully develop and communicate the Student Success Ecosystem
• Establish a team within ITS to work with the Campus Community on process automation projects
• Foster and Support the Growth and Expansion of quality Hybrid and Online Courses and Programs and the Affordable Learning Solutions (AL$) initiative
• Formulate a Five-Year Roadmap for Cloud Migration
• Establish Tech Zones at the SMSU and other parts of the Campus
• Continue to work on the People First initiative at ITS
MFA for CFS Recommendation
ITS is recommending to implement a Two-Step Authentication process to campus users with access to CFS before it becomes a requirement, and prevent any possible interruption on their access to CFS. Dr. Javier Torner provided background and rationale along with a timeline describing the recommended three phases for implementation—
· Phase I: Identification of all campus users who have access to CFS
· Phase II: Provide training and support on the use of the campus two-step authentication. Send email communication to CFS users providing information about two-step authentication
· Phase III: Enforcing two-step authentication for identified user. Activate two-step authentication for CFS users
The Executive Committee voted to approve this recommendation and move forward.
Wireless Networks Policy- The policy was presented with proposed minor changes. The Executive Committee voted to move forward with taking the policy to the Administrative Council with some housekeeping changes.
ATI Advisory Audit
· VP Sudhakar provided a brief overview of the Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) efforts on campus. He has invited the Chancellor’s Office auditors to perform an advisory audit in January-February 2018 to provide us a baseline on where we stand in terms of accessibility. More details will be announced in the near future.