The project management and assessment office can work with you to develop your project plan and implement your project.
- ITS Consulting Services (Get on the Project Request List)
For the purposes of the ITS Projects, a Project is defined below. These are recommendations. If the work is operational in nature or does not meet the definition of a project, it is not tracked as a project on the Project List. There will be another mechanism (phase 2) to track operational work.
A project is a funded and approved temporary work effort that is undertaken to create a unique product, service or result. Within ITS, projects are classified as minor, intermediate or major based on various indicators including work effort involved, complexity, impact and priority.
- Duration of work effort is less than 60 business days
- Human resource work effort between 40 and 160 hours
- Low risk
- Small project team
- Minimal project management
- Duration of greater than 60 business days
- Human resource effort between 160 and 1000 hours
- May be less than days in duration but estimated to be a greater than 160 hour work effort.
- Medium to low risk
- Medium sized cross-functional team
- Project management based on type and size of project, risk level and number of teams involved.
- Duration of greater than 120 business days
- HR effort of greater than 2000 hours
- Could also be a work effort that is less than 120 days in duration but estimated to be a greater than 1000 hour work effort.
- Medium to high risk
- Large sized cross-functional team(s)
- Full PM methodology