Students are required to complete a monthly time sheet to receive monetary compensation for the services they provide. The supervisor will provide the student worker with a
The supervisor will verify that the hours worked are accurate. This document is the student's record of hours worked for the pay period. The supervisor will submit the student's monthly hours to the payroll reporter or directly to payroll on a Student Assistant Listing (Payroll) . Students must be paid for all hours worked. Hours cannot be rolled over on to the next month’s timesheet.
Please visit the Payroll website for more directions and tips related to student assistant listings.
The following information should be checked on the time sheet for accuracy:
- No hours for a payroll period other than the one reported
- Partial hours reported in .10 increments
- The 20 hour per week limitation/40 hours during authorized vacation periods
- Correct mathematical calculations
- Class schedule information completed
- Timesheet signed by student and supervisor
- All corrections on time sheet are initialed by student and supervisor in ink
- No paid lunch, the Fair Labor Standards Act mandates a half-hour (30min) unpaid break be provided for every 6 hours worked per day
- Students are entitled to a 15 minute paid break for every 4 consecutive hours worked
- Must send a copy of monthly timesheet to Student Employment
Student employees are paid around the 10th of each month. Monthly paychecks will be available for pick-up at the Bursar's Office UH-035 or student paychecks can be directly deposited to the student's bank account.
Please contact the Payroll office at SH-103 to request a Direct Deposit authorization form to enroll in direct deposit or any additional questions.
Last Updated: 11/22/17