Outstanding Student Employee of the Year Award
In conjunction with the 2021 National Student Employment Celebration Week, April 12th - 18th, California State University, San Bernardino will host the Outstanding Student Employee of the Year Award. CSUSB Student Employees play a key role in our operational excellence and provide substantial contributions campus-wide. One finalist from each division will be recognized via virtual ZOOM celebration at the Annual Outstanding Student Employee of the Year Awards Ceremony on Friday, May 14, 2021, More details to come!
We encourage all staff, faculty, and departments/colleges to participate in this competition and display your appreciation for the contributions student employees provide at CSUSB.
All Staff, Faculty, Administrators, and Departments are eligible to submit nominations.
- All Undergraduate/Graduate*, Work Study, Associated Student Inc. (ASI), University Enterprises Corporation, and Santos Manuel Student Union student employees are eligible for consideration. Must be a current student employee.
- Students may be nominated more than once. Winners are not determined by the number of nominations submitted, but by the criteria met. Although you may be aware of a student having multiple nominations we still encourage you to submit your personal nomination.
- Students must have worked or be anticipated to work a minimum of six months part-time by March 1, 2021 during the selection period.
- Departments and supervisors can nominate more than one student.
- Previous winners cannot be nominated again, but previous nominees are eligible.
*Teaching Associates are not eligible for this nomination.
Students will be evaluated by the committee on the following qualities:
- Quality of Work
- Uniqueness of Contribution to department, campus, or community
Nominators need to give specific information for each quality to determine the applicant’s strengths. Use specific examples of when a student went above and beyond the expected job duties. Keep in mind, the nomination committee will only be aware of your students’ accomplishments that you, the nominator provides. A 500-word maximum is permitted for each quality.
Please click on Helpful Tips for Writing A Nomination Letter
- To submit nominations please click on Outstanding Student Employee of the Year Nomination Form
All nominations are due Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (PST)
- All nominators and nominees will be invited to attend the Annual Student Employee Appreciation Program on Annual Outstanding Student Employee of the Year Awards Ceremony on Friday, May 14, 2021. It is highly encouraged to attend the program as the award recipients will be revealed the day of the event. RSVP’s will be sent closer to the day of the event.
- All faculty, staff, and student employees will be invited to the program, but reserved seating will be provided to only the nominators and their nominee. Reasonable accommodations may be provided by request.
If you have any questions please call the Student Employment Office at (909) 537-5225 or email email@example.com
Last Updated: 04/14/2021