Outstanding Student Employee of the Year Award
In conjunction with the 2023 National Student Employment Celebration Week, April 09th - 15th, California State University, San Bernardino will host the Outstanding Student Employee of the Year Award. CSUSB Student Employees play a key role in our operational excellence and provide substantial contributions campus-wide. One finalist from each organizational division, including Palm Desert Campus, will be recognized at the 6th Annual Outstanding Student Employee of the Year Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, April 05, 2023. More details to come!
We encourage all staff, faculty, and departments/colleges to participate in this competition and display your appreciation for the contributions student employees provide at CSUSB.
All Staff, Faculty, Administrators, and Departments are eligible to submit nominations.
- All Undergraduate/Graduate*, Work Study, Associated Student Inc. (ASI), University Enterprises Corporation, and Santos Manuel Student Union student employees are eligible for consideration. Must be a current student employee.
- Students may be nominated more than once. Winners are not determined by the number of nominations submitted, but by the criteria met. Although you may be aware of a student having multiple nominations we still encourage you to submit your personal nomination.
- Students must have worked or be anticipated to work a minimum of six months part-time by March 1, 2023 during the selection period.
- Departments, Work Leads, and Supervisors (MPP/Dean) can nominate more than one student.
- Previous annual winners cannot be nominated to win again, but previous nominees are eligible.
*Teaching Associates are not eligible for this nomination.
Students will be evaluated by the committee on the following qualities:
- Impact to university or community
- Professionalism (Knowing working environments can greatly differ, student understands and demonstrates effective work habits, and acts in the interest of the larger community and workplace)
- Contribution to university's mission (CSUSB ensures student learning and success, conducts research, scholarly and creative activities, and is actively engaged in the vitality of our region. We cultivate the professional, ethical, and intellectual development of our students, faculty and staff so they thrive and contribute to a globally connected society.)
Nominators need to give specific information for each quality to determine the applicant’s strengths. Use specific examples of when a student went above and beyond the expected job duties. Keep in mind, the nomination committee will only be aware of your students’ accomplishments that you, the nominator provides. A 500-word maximum is permitted for each quality.
Helpful Tips for Writing A Nomination Letter.
National Student Employment Association (NSEA) Student Employee of the Year award criteria sample.
To submit nominations please click the link here: Outstanding Student Employee of the Year Nomination Form
All nominations are due Friday, March 03, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (PST)
- All nominators and nominees will be invited to attend the Annual Student Employee Appreciation Program on Annual Outstanding Student Employee of the Year Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, April 05, 2023. It is highly encouraged to attend the program as the award recipients will be revealed the day of the event. RSVP’s will be sent closer to the day of the event.
- All faculty, staff, and student employees will be invited to the program, but RSVPs will be provided to only the nominators and their nominee. Reasonable accommodations may be provided by request.
If you have any questions please call the Student Employment Office at (909) 537-5225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: 02/02/2023