How Can Students Find on Campus Jobs?
Students can apply for jobs through Career Center website.
The CSUSB Career Center’s offers students different forms of assistance. The Career Center is located in University Hall, room 329. For questions contact the Career Center at (909) 537-5250.
Interested students may apply by completing an application to be considered for this program: Salaries range from $11.00 to $18.63 per hour. Student workers may work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
How Can Supervisors Post Student Assistant Positions?
Departments must post student assistant job announcements under The Career Center web-based job board, Powered by "Handshake".
A new Policy has been implemented with the Human Resources Student Employment department and the Career Center. It is mandatory for all departments hiring student assistants to post job openings through the Career Center. Before September 1st, please make sure to remove any links or any postings that advertise job offers and place them properly through the Career Center. This includes the removal of any postings of open student assistant positions that have been placed on various bulletin boards, video screens or department offices around the campus. This will be implemented as a mandatory process requirement starting in the 2015-2016 academic year.
After departments post student assistant job announcements under web-based job board, department can promote job posting ID# with Career Center link to inform students about job posting in the departments.
Different processes are required if hiring student(s) under UEC, Academic Personnel and/or Student Union.
Students Must Meet the Following Qualifications:
All types of Student Assistant’s must meet the following requirements to participate in the Student Employment program:
- Must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA cumulative and quarterly
- SA hours may vary depending upon the department’s needs and availability of funding.
- SA's are permitted to work a maximum of 20 hours per week when classes are in session. During authorized vacation periods and approved breaks, SA's may work up to 40 hours per week depending on funds.
- There is no limit on the number of jobs a SA may have. However, the max total hours worked cannot be exceeded.
- There is no provision for paid holidays.
- A background check and/or live scan is needed if the student is in a position in which a background check is required by law. Please vist our Background Check Policy for more information.
For more information about background check procedures for student employment, please review the Human Resources Background Check Policy Webpage.
Hiring departments and supervisors are responsible to monitor student assistants enrollment and GPA requirements each quarter.
Last Updated: 1/5/18