The California State University system has established classification standards for campus use. The standards specify the definition of a classification series, typical activities of a classification and the minimum qualifications.
Aside from establishing the basis for employment decisions, these standards also form the basis for position classification decisions.
A Classification Review, or commonly referred to as "Reclassification Request", may be initiated in one of several ways:
- By an Employee
- By a member of management
- By the Human Resources Department
- Through the introduction of a new classification series developed by Faculty and Staff Relations in the Chancellor's Office.
Requests for Classification Reviews initiated by an employee or by a member of management may be submitted at anytime during during each fiscal year.
Reclassification Request packets include the following forms:
- Request for Reclassification (required Vice President's signature)
- Position Description Form
- Supplemental Position Description Form for supervisory positions (complete only if required to supervise staff positions)