Health Professions Advising Services
HPAC advisors can help CSUSB students and alumni:
- Learn about the different health professions - i.e. medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, physical therapy, veterinary medicine and a range of other health careers.
- Find ways to test their decision to pursue a career in the health professions.
- Prepare academically and non-academically to become a competitive applicant.
- Navigate the application process.
- Decide the best time to apply to a particular program.
- Improve their medical school or other health profession program application.
- Appointments are available Monday through Thursday, 9am - 5pm. Students can make an appointment by visiting our office (TC-145, behind the biology building) or calling the main desk at 909-537-7345.
- Current CSUSB students and alumni can schedule appointments without condition.
The Health Professions Advising Center plans a calendar of events and information sessions every quarter for CSUSB students and alumni, including:
- Visits from medical school representatives
- Visits from health professions program representatives (e.g. dental, pharmacy)
- General pre-med workshops
- Specific pre-med workshops
- Applying to medical school
- Interview Preparation
- Medical School Selection
- Personal Statement Preparation
- AMCAS (American Medical College Application Service) Overview
- Student Panels
Recommendation File Service and Committee Letter Service
This service facilitates the collection and dissemination of recommendation letters needed when applying to medical and dental programs, as well as post-baccalaureate programs