CSUSB Housing will be open and available for Summer 2021. All summer residents will be assigned to Arrowhead Village “4 Bedroom/2 Bathroom" units (no more than two residents will be assigned per apartment; each resident will have their own bedroom and bathroom). No one will be able to stay in their current housing assignment during the summer. Additional information about Summer at CSUSB.
Housing assignments are made based on application submission date and space availability.
|Summer Session||Check in||Check Out||Rate|
|Summer Full||June 1, 2021||August 12, 2021*||$2,664|
|Summer 1||June 1, 2021||July 8, 2021||$1,512|
|Summer 2||July 7, 2021||
August 12, 2021*
Residents continuing from Summer Full or Summer 2 to Fall 2021 will have a license agreement extension from August 12, 2021 – August 19, 2021. The Summer to Fall transition will take place August 13-18, 2021, where applicable.
Summer Housing Application Process
The Summer Housing Application opened on March 22, 2021.
Summer Housing Eligibility
Students who apply for on-campus housing for Summer 2021 must meet one of the following requirements:
- Current 2020-2021 housing resident, enrolled in Fall 2021 courses at CSUSB (summer enrollment not required);
- Student enrolled in Summer 2021 classes;
- Transfer students starting enrollment at CSUSB for Fall 2021.
All students must also be in good financial standing with CSUSB.
Access the Summer Housing Application
To apply for Summer Housing, log on to the Housing Portal using your Coyote ID/credentials. Students must be assigned their Coyote ID number before applying, as the housing portal is connected to your student account.
Select your Session
To begin, you will need to select the Housing session you are applying for: Summer Full, Summer 1, or Summer 2.
Complete the Application
You will need to complete the following information as part of the Housing Application process:
- Emergency Contact Information - You will need to provide the name, telephone number, and email address of someone you designate as your emergency contact person.
- FERPA Information Release Consent (optional) – You will be able to identify a person (parent, guardian, designee) to access your CSUSB Housing records. Housing and Residential Education will not disclose any information from your records to individuals not identified in the FERPA release section. Read more about your rights under FERPA.
- Roommate Profile – You will complete the Roommate Profile questions about room environment and social interactions; your answers will assist in matching with an apartment mate.
- Gender Inclusive Housing (optional) – This section provides you the option to indicate if you are seeking Gender Inclusive Housing, and respond to the supplemental question provided. Housing and Residential Education will not ask for any more information than is required to meet students’ housing needs and all information is confidential and protected by FERPA.
If you cannot complete your Housing Application in one session, you may return to it and continue where you left off. Do not delay in completing your application, priority is based on the date and time that you complete and submit the application. You will receive a confirmation email upon submission of your application sent to your CoyoteMail (csusb.edu email) account.
Check your CoyoteMail often!
Housing assignments are given priority by need base and application submission date. Assignments will be emailed to your CoyoteMail. Please review your assignment and complete the included steps to schedule a move in date and time.
Complete your Summer Student Housing License Agreement (contract) by agreeing to the terms and conditions of the assignment. The Housing License Agreement is available as the next page in the application once an assignment has been created by DHRE. If you are under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian must also agree to the terms and conditions through a Minor Guarantor Form.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures
Please know that we will continue to follow the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Infection Guidelines and the continuously evolving guidelines from State and local health officials to permit the University to offer housing services while adhering to applicable health standards. Click for COVID-19 Housing Information.
Summer 2021 Payment Information
All housing fees are paid through the student account. Students are responsible for monitoring their student account through myCoyote and ensuring that all payments are made by the due date. Student Financial Services posts payments to any past due balances and unpaid tuition and fees prior to posting the payments for housing.
Summer 2021 Housing charges will post to student accounts on or by Saturday, May 15, 2021, if your application is received by Monday, May 10, 2021. Room assignments made after Monday, May 10, 2021 will post between 24-48 hours of the assignment email.
Financial aid is limited to 2020-2021 academic year award eligibility and limits; consult with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to see if you have any available aid for Summer 2021.