2021-2022 Academic Year Housing Application - CLOSED
Housing assignments are made based on application submission date and space availability. The application opened on February 1, 2021 and is currently closed.
STEP 1 – Consider your options
- Compare Village options, room/apartment type, and rates
- Review Living Learning Communities
- Review the 2021-2022 Student Housing License Agreement
- View the 360 tours of our Villages
- All CSUSB students can select Coyote Village (1 per double room)
- Returning (Continuing) and Transfer students can select Arrowhead Village and University Village (1 or 2 per apartment)
- Please remember, housing assignments are made based on application submission date and space availability
STEP 2 – Submit your Housing Application on the Housing Portal
You will be asked to complete the following information as part of the Housing Application process:
- Emergency Contact Information – You will be asked to provide the name, telephone number, and email address of someone you designate as your emergency contact person.
- FERPA Information Release Consent (optional) – You will be able to identify a person (parent, guardian, designee) to access your CSUSB Housing records. Housing and Residential Education will not disclose any information from your records to individuals not identified in the FERPA release section. Read more about your rights under FERPA.
- Living Learning Community Preference (optional) – If you are interested in participating in an LLC, you will be able to preference that on the application. Space is limited within LLCs, so please only indicate serious interest in participating. Please note a housing assignment in a LLC is not guaranteed.
- Room Location and Type Choice - Coyote Village, Arrowhead Village, and University Village are open for the 2021-2022 academic year. Room type choices are not guaranteed based on available inventory. All First Time Freshman will be assigned to Coyote Village.
|Coyote Village (traditional-style)||Any CSUSB Student||1 student per double room (furniture cannot be removed or stored). Single rooms at double room rates, community bathrooms; meal plan required|
|Arrowhead Village and University Village (apartment-style)||Returning (Continuing) and Transfer CSUSB Students||1-2 students per apartment. Individual bedroom and bathroom per resident, living room and kitchen; voluntary meal plans available|
- Roommate Profile – You will complete the Roommate Profile questions about room environment and social interactions; your answers will assist in matching apartment-mates for those assigned to Arrowhead Village or University Village. It is important to provide information that accurately reflects you in the Roommate Profile to ensure good apartment-mate matches!
- Gender Inclusive Housing (optional) – This section provides you the option to indicate if you are seeking Gender Inclusive Housing, and respond to the supplemental question provided. CSUSB Housing and Residential Education will not ask for any more information than is required to meet students’ housing needs and all information is confidential and protected by FERPA.
If you cannot complete your Housing Application in one session, you may return to it and continue where you left off. Do not delay in completing your application, priority is based on the date and time that you complete and submit the application. You will receive a confirmation email upon submission of your application sent to your CoyoteMail (csusb.edu email) account.
Roommate Requests and Roommate Matching for Apartment Communities
Students selecting Arrowhead Village or University Village have the option of specifying their desired apartment-mate during the application process. You are encouraged to use the roommate search feature during the application process.
- How will you find your roommate?
- Only students who have applied, completed the Roommate Profile, and do not already have a roommate match, will appear as a potential roommate.
- Friend: If interested in living with a specific individual in an apartment, you can search for them by name (once the other person has also applied).
- Profile Match: Find a roommate by profile match (%). Our system recommends the best match based on your profile answers. You can view their profile answers to see if they match what is most important to you!
- Send Roommate Request or message
- Once you find your person, send a roommate request, or a message if wanting to know about them before sending the request.
- The other person will be able to choose "accept" or "decline" your request.
- Check for messages and requests
- You will receive an email to your Coyote email when someone requests you as a roommate, sends a direct message, and accepts or declines your request.
- To message back, accept or decline a request, you will need to log back into the Housing Portal.
STEP 3 – Room Assignments and Completing your Student Housing License Agreement (contract)
Check your CoyoteMail often! Initial assignments were made the week of April 19, 2021. Additional assignments are made on an ongoing basis based on application submission date and space availability.
Room assignments are given priority by application submission date and space availability. Room assignments will be emailed to your CoyoteMail. Please review your room assignment and complete the following steps to reserve your housing assignment/placement: Once you receive your room assignment, you can request changes by emailing email@example.com. Room assignments may change before the start of the Fall Semester.
- License Agreement - Complete your 2021-2022 Student Housing License Agreement (contract) through the Housing Portal as the next step in the 2021-2022 Application; if you are under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian must also agree to the terms and conditions through a Minor Guarantor Form.
- Prepayment - Submit your $100 non-refundable prepayment to reserve your spot on campus. The prepayment will be applied to your Fall 2021 rent.
- Meal Plan Selection (Coyote Village only) - All Coyote Village residents are required to purchase a Coyote Village Resident Meal Plan from Yotie Eats for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Emergency Preparedness Information - You will need to submit or update your responses to the resident Evacuation Information Questionnaire. Housing and Residential Education staff will utilize this information for planning purposes and in the event of a campus evacuation.
Once you have completed all the steps above, you will be able to review your 2021-2022 housing assignment information – your specific Village, room, apartment-mate, and apartment-mate email. We encourage you to contact your apartment-mate to start getting to know each other and coordinate shared space items.
Voluntary Meal Plans
Voluntary meal plans for Arrowhead Village and University Village residents can be selected and purchased through Yotie Eats.
Cancelling an Application or Reservation
You are able to cancel your in-progress Housing Application prior to signing the Student Housing License Agreement by taking no further action or by submitting a cancellation request. After signing the Student Housing License Agreement, you must submit a cancellation request. The "Cancellation Request" can be found on the Housing Portal.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to avoid important email notifications from being redirected to your junk/spam folder. If you have questions, please contact the Department of Housing and Residential Education at 909.537.4155 or email@example.com. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.