Main Content Region


Do I need to find my own internship or are internships provided?

You will need to find your own internship. Here to Career will do it’s best to help you locate an internship but it will be up to you to secure it. You can find resources at: Looking for Internships.

What are the requirements for the internship award?

The requirements are:

  1. Undergraduate declared in one of the following digital media fields; Graphic Design, Communication Studies, Music, Computer Science.
  2. Secure an off campus/academic unpaid internship.
  3. Complete two career related workshops
  4. Enroll in your major’s internship course.
Is this award only for CSUSB students?

No, this award is also extended to SBVC and Norco college students.

I am a graduate student, can I apply for the internship award?

No, this award is for undergraduates only.

When will I receive the $1,000 award?

The award will be disbursed once all requirements are complete. We will send a congratulations letter with the details on the award. Typically it will take 6-8 weeks to receive payment, as it will be processed through Financial Aid.

Can I go to any workshop to meet the requirements?

No, the workshops must be “career” focused. We have partnered with the Career Center at CSUSB and Inland Empire’s Women’s Business Center to put on workshops for this requirement. If you would like to attend a workshop that is not given by our partners then you will need to get approval. Please email for approvals or additional questions you may have.

Do I need to turn in paperwork to prove my workshop attendance?

You will need to complete a Workshop Passport, here, and email it to our internship liaison or the grant email. In the comment section you will give us a brief summary or your personal takeaways from the workshop.

What if my internship is paid?

If your internship is paid then it will not qualify for the internship award.

I have an internship on my school campus, does it qualify for the award?

No, the internship must be off of your home campus. For instance, if you are a SBVC student you cannot have an internship on the SBVC campus. However, you can have an internship at the CSUSB campus since you are not enrolled at CSUSB. Please email for specific questions you may have.

How many times can I apply for the $1,000 stipend?

You can apply once per academic year, as long as you have a new internship that meets the requirements. Ex: I have an off campus/unpaid internship Fall of 2018. I can apply again with a new internship Fall of 2019 since it is a new academic year.