At CSUSB, post-baccalaureate programs include doctorate, master’s, credentials, certificates, and second bachelor’s degrees.

  • Apply online at Cal State Apply  
    • Complete the application
    • Pay the application fee
    • Provide transcripts

Please note that individual programs and departments may require a separate application or additional materials. Please contact the program for more information on its admission process. Admission requirements are published in the university bulletin

  • You will receive a letter from the university containing your student email account and ID number. Please activate your email as soon as you receive your letter; notification of missing transcripts, residency information, or other materials needed to complete your application will be sent to you via your student email. Once we receive your application, fee, and transcripts, we will evaluate your GPA. Your application will then be sent to the program office for an admission/denial decision. We will notify you via your student email account as soon as we receive a decision from the program.
  • The CSUSB campus policy for admission to a post-baccalaureate program is a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. However, applicants with a cumulative GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 will be considered for exceptional admission by some programs. If the cumulative GPA is below 2.5, the graduate admissions evaluators will also calculate the GPA of the last 90 units attempted. Title V regulations state that the absolute minimum GPA for admission is 2.5; therefore, if both the cumulative GPA and the last 90 GPA are below 2.5, admission will be denied. Applications that meet the minimum GPA requirements are sent to the program for an admission decision. Please keep in mind that each program may have additional admission requirements.
  • Yes, all of your transcripts from your entire educational history must be submitted in order to process your application. Transcripts must be official (submitted in the original sealed envelope, or sent electronically by the university you attended.) If you have already submitted your transcripts with a prior application to CSUSB, you do not need to resubmit them unless you have completed new coursework.
  • You will register through your myCoyote Student Center. Check your Student Center for your registration enrollment Dates. If you are experiencing difficulties registering for your classes, please call the Office of the Registrar at 909-537-5200.
  • Your Graduate Coordinator will serve as your academic advisor. Please see our Graduate Coordinator contact list
  • All post-baccalaureate students must file for a Leave of Absence if they will not be attending an academic term (Fall, Winter, or Spring). The summer term is not counted as having missed a quarter if you do not register for courses. Leave of Absence forms are available on our website or in our office (Chaparral Hall room 123).
  • Application fee waivers will not be offered; the only exceptions are the Over 60 Program and military veterans.  For information on the Over 60 Program, contact the Office of the Registrar at 909-537-3513. If you are a military veteran, you may also be eligible for a fee waiver code. Please contact the Office of Graduate Studies at 909-537-5058 or the Office of The Registrar at (909) 537-5213.
  •  Once your thesis, project, or dissertation is complete, you will submit it to our office for final clearance and publication on Scholarworks. The submission process, deadlines, and formatting requirements are available on our website.
  • Graduate Studies will work with your Graduate Coordinators to determine your eligibility, however, you will need to file a Grad Check to begin this process. Once your Graduate Coordinator has determined that you are eligible, you can register for commencement.

Need more help?Please call our office at (909) 537-5058 or email us at