All F-1 and J-1 visa applicants must agree to obtain and maintain health insurance as a condition of registration and continued enrollment at CSUSB. Students will not be able to register for classes without purchasing a health insurance plan.
All students and scholars are required to purchase insurance through Relation. The only exceptions are:
- Students on SACM scholarships, which provide insurance coverage, must show proof to our office (CGI, Third Floor) in order to be excluded.
- Students on OPT/CPT with an employment-based insurance may qualify for a waiver as long as they provide proof to our office (CGI, Third Floor) that their coverage meets the minimum requirements.
The U.S. Information Agency requires all J-1 Exchange Visitors and their accompanying dependents to have health and accident insurance which covers emergency evacuation and repatriation. U.S. government regulations require the University to notify the U.S. Information Agency and to terminate a J-1 exchange visitor status if the J-1 scholar has willfully failed to comply with the insurance requirements.
Currently, all F-1 visa applicants must agree to obtain and maintain health insurance as a condition of enrollment and receiving an I-20 for the International Extension Programs at CSUSB.
Students cannot register for classes without purchasing a health insurance plan.
All students are required to purchase insurance through Relation. Students may purchase semester (term) or annual coverage based on their individual needs.
Steps to enroll in coverage:
- Visit Relation.
- Select the term of coverage.
- Submit Proof of Insurance Enrollment to the IEP office via email at email@example.com
- Complete the enrollment process.
Health Insurance Information:
Please visit https://4studenthealth.relationinsurance.com/plan/international-student-insurance-plan-2020-2021-7232/ for more information on the schedule of benefits, dates of coverage, and program costs.
Student Health Center (On-Campus)
Our on-campus health center offers students a variety of medical services, including primary care, immunization, nursing care and health education. For optimal convenience, it also offers a pharmacy and laboratory.
For more information on services provided, please contact the Student Health Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 909-537-5241.