The Advanced TESOL Certificate Program provides an excellent foundation in TESOL practices, research and theory. If you decide to pursue a M.A in Education, TESOL option degree at CSUSB, the coursework in this certificate program applies towards the degree requirement. This self-paced program’s duration ranges from two to four quarters depending on the number of courses taken. The classes are offered both online and on-campus.
Participants will learn how to:
- Apply best practices in computer-assisted language learning to promote learning English.
- Teach English skillfully, employing a variety of principle-based techniques.
- Select and develop successful materials in EFL/ESL.
- Relate the importance of target cultures in language learning.
The program consists of four courses:
- Technology Enhanced language Learning (EESL 521) plus any three EESL 500-level courses
- Listening and Speaking Methods for TESOL (EESL 543)
- Cross-cultural Teaching (EESL 536)
- Reading Methods for TESOL (EESL 544)
- Writing Methods for TESOL (EESL 545)
Bachelor’s degree or senior/last year standing at bachelor’s levelInternational students must submit:
- Proof of English language proficiency equivalent to 535 on PBT TOEFL
Students must maintain a “B” average to obtain the certificate*A maximum of 12 units may be applied to the MA TESOL option. To learn more about units of credit earned prior to classification, please visit the Graduate Studies Polices & Procedures
Course registration will be handled through Open University / Study Abroad in the USA for international students.
Course offerings and formats will vary each quarter. Please visit the Academic Scheduling website for a list of online and on-campus courses offered this quarter.
Registration for online TESOL courses will be handled through Open University.Please refer to the Registration Instructions for On Campus Courses.
- Domestic Students
Please refer to the Registration Instructions for On Campus Courses.
- International Students
Registration for on-campus TESOL courses will be handled through Study Abroad in the USA. Please refer to the Registration Instructions.