The 120-Hour TESOL Certificate program gives participants the specialized training and skills they need for a successful career teaching English to non-native English speakers. The 10-week program delivered entirely online and allows participants to gain an understanding of academic and practical aspects of TESOL.
If participants decide later they would like to pursue a Master’s degree in TESOL, four graduate credits in this certificate program apply toward the MA in Education, TESOL Option at CSUSB. To apply participants must have a bachelor’s degree, but don't need any teaching experience. Participants must maintain a “B” average to obtain the certificate.
The program topics include:
- Teaching methodology in speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Language development and acquisition
- Fundamentals of English grammar
- Linguistics for teachers
- Innovative approaches to teaching
- Practical applications
Participants will learn how to:
- Apply best practices in language development and learn theory to promote English proficiency
- Teach English skillfully, employing a variety of principle-based methods
- Create lessons that support active learning
- Demonstrate understanding of the structure of English
- Select and develop successful materials in EFL/ESL
- Relate the importance of the native and target cultures in language learning
How to Apply
- Complete the electronic Application form at https://celmarketing.wufoo.com/forms/mfebdab1m2hnws/.
- Provide proof of Bachelor’s degree or final-year standing at Bachelor’s level.
- International applicants must provide proof of English proficiency (any one from below):
- Standardized Tests: TOEFL (PBT 500 or IBT 69) or IELTS (General: 6.0 total band score)
- BA degrees in English, English Education, or Linguistics from any foreign universities
- BA or MA degrees in any subjects/majors, earned in English-speaking countries, for both domestic and international students
- 2 or more years of English-teaching experience in any foreign countries
- Email diploma, unofficial transcripts, valid photo ID, and proof of English proficiency (international students only) to email@example.com.
*Program fee is not refundable after the first day of classes.
Important Fee Information: The College of Extended and Global Education (CEGE) makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may increase to meet the operating costs of delivering these courses and programs. Therefore, CEGE reserves the right to increase or modify fees, without notice. All CEGE fees are subject to change.