Students are required to complete a monthly time sheet to receive monetary compensation for the services they provide. Students must utilize the electronic
The following information should be checked on the timesheet for completeness and accuracy:
- No hours for a payroll period other than the one reported
- The 20 hour per week limitation
- Correct calculation of hours by hourly rate
- Class schedule must be attached to timesheet
- Timesheet signed by student, supervisor and program administrator
- All corrections on time sheet are initialed by student and supervisor in ink
- No paid lunch, the Fair Labor Standards Act mandates a half-hour (30min) unpaid break be provided for every 6 hours worked per day
- Students are entitled to a 15 minute paid break for every 4 consecutive hours worked
Student employees are paid around the 15th of each month. Monthly paychecks will be available for pick-up at the Student Financial Services Office, UH-035 or student paychecks can be directly deposited to the student's bank account. Please contact the Payroll office at SH-103 to request a Direct Deposit authorization form to enroll in direct deposit.
Students who separate from the work-study program must submit final hours to their supervisor/timekeeper.