Main Content Region

Federal Work-Study On-Campus

On-Campus Work-Study jobs are available at CSUSB. Work-Study students provide a valuable contribution to CSUSB in the services they perform. Students will be placed in various departments throughout the campus. In return for their services, students are paid an hourly wage. In the State of California, student workers must be paid the current minimum hourly wage rate of $10/hr. Please refer to the  Work-Study Wage Guide  to determine the appropriate wage rate. The maximum hours a Work-Study student may work is 20 hours per week.

Work-Study students should approach this assignment with a sense of responsibility that would be expected in any job. All student workers will be required to complete a Confidentiality Access and Compliance Form. Students employed in areas that handle student records must adhere to the Privacy Act of 1974.

Students who are awarded Work-Study and wish to work On-campus may view available jobs at CareerLaunch. Students must first contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to determine their eligibility to participate in the program.

Pre-Hiring Process

Students and supervisors are required to complete and pass the on-line tutorial prior to completing the hiring process.

  • All new student employees are required to complete a background check prior to employment.
  • Hiring Instructions for On Campus Placement

Step 1: Contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to determine eligibility to participate in the Work-Study Program. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will provide the student with a Work Authorization and Terms of Employment.

Step 2: View job listings at CareerLaunch.

Step 3: Contact prospective employer to arrange an interview.

Step 4: Take "Work Authorization and Terms of Employment" and Financial Aid award to the interview to validate eligibility to participate in the Federal Work-Study program. Both student and supervisor must complete and sign the Work Authorization and Terms of Employment.

Step 5: Take the following items to the Student Employment at SH-119. The hiring process cannot be completed without all of these items.

  • Work Authorization and Terms of Employment
  • Work-Study tutorial acknowledgement form
  • Un-laminated social security card
  • State driver's license, ID or Coyote One Card
  • Confidentiality Access and Compliance Form for On-Campus employment
  • Routing Slip

Step 6: Complete the appropriate payroll forms at Student Employment.

Step 7: Take the "stamped" routing slip to your supervisor. The routing slip serves as confirmation to your supervisor that you have completed the hiring process and may begin working.