Main Content Region

Application Information

To apply for federal student aid, such as federal grants, work-study, and loans, a student needs to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form. Completing and submitting the FAFSA® form is free and easier than ever, and it gives a student access to the largest source of financial aid to pay for college.

In addition, the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) and the university will use the FAFSA® information to determine a student's eligibility for state and school aid, and some private financial aid providers may use the FAFSA® information to determine whether a student qualifies for their aid.

If a student doesn’t fill out the FAFSA® form, he or she could be missing out on a lot of financial aid!  Learn more about what types of financial aid are available by reviewing detailed information located throughout these financial aid web pages.