The Federal Work-Study Program offers eligible students the opportunity to earn money to help defray their educational expenses through part-time employment. CSUSB will attempt to place students with Off-campus employers in educationally beneficial positions. Placement may be in public institutions or in non-profit or profit-making enterprises. Pay rates will be comparable to those paid for similar positions within the employing organization.
Students who are awarded Work-Study and wish to work Off-campus may view available jobs at CareerLaunch.
Work-Study students should approach this assignment with a sense of responsibility that would be expected in any job. Salaries range from $10 to $17.78 per hour. The maximum hours a Work-Study student may work is 20 hours per week.
- Students and supervisors are required to complete and pass the on-line tutorial prior to completing the hiring process.
- All new student employees are required to complete a background check prior to employment.
Hiring Instructions for Off-Campus Placement
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to determine eligibility to participate in the Work-Study Program. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will provide the student with a Work Authorization and Terms of Employment.
- View job listings at CareerLaunch.
- Contact prospective employer to arrange an interview.
- Take "Work Authorization and Terms of Employment" and Financial Aid award to the interview to validate eligibility to participate in the Federal Work-Study program. Both student and supervisor must complete and sign the Work Authorization and Terms of Employment.
- Take the following items to Student Employment Office at Sierra Hall-Room 119. The hiring process cannot be completed without all of these items.
- Work Authorization and Terms of Employment
- Work-Study tutorial acknowledgment form
- Un-laminated social security card
- State driver's license, ID or Coyote One Card
- Confidentiality Access and Compliance Form for On-Campus Employment
- Routing Slip
- Complete the appropriate payroll forms at Student Employment Office.
- Take the "stamped" routing slip to your supervisor. The routing slip serves as confirmation to your supervisor that you have completed the hiring process and may begin working.