Welcome to the CSUSB University Faculty Mentoring Network!
You've made a great career move in choosing this campus as your academic home. Those of us who have been here for a while can attest to the high degree of caring and collegiality that is the norm on this campus. This University Faculty Mentoring Network (UFMN) is another resource being made available to you, the probationary faculty, to help you establish yourselves here and stay.
The purpose of the University Faculty Mentoring Network (UFMN) is to foster an environment of support that promotes the personal and professional development of tenure-track probationary faculty. To that end, UFMN makes available advice, encouragement, and career guidance by knowledgeable senior and retired faculty members. The goal is to supplement, not supplant, mentoring programs at the department or college levels. Housed in Faculty Affairs and Development, UFMN works collaboratively with Academic Personnel, the Chief Diversity Officers, Teaching Resource Center, Human Resources, and the University Ombuds/EEO Officer for the various resources that they provide.
- Provide a safe and confidential venue for probationary faculty to discuss their concerns;
- Promote acculturation to the University, especially for new faculty;
- Inform probationary faculty about university and community resources;
- Encourage probationary faculty to develop collaborative relationships across campus;
- Assist probationary faculty with understanding university policies and procedures;
- Help probationary faculty connect to communities of interest across the university, e.g. other faculty of the same ethnicity/gender/sexual orientation, etc.