The Untenured Faculty Organization (UFO) was established in 2018 to provide a voice and support to probationary untenured faculty in order to enhance their success during the tenure-track process.
Driven by CSUSB's core values, the UFO works in collaboration with Academic Affairs and other pertinent divisions and units to achieve the following goals:
- Provide a safe and confidential forum that encourages regular, honest, and collegial dialogue among untenured faculty and promotes the practice of positive communication and active listening;
- Create a social support network that fosters personal friendships and a sense of community among UFO members
- Advocate for the professional development and implementation of programs activities to support probationary untenured faculty in their scholarship, teaching, professional, service, and collegial activities in order to successfully meet retention, tenure, and promotion (RTP) expectations;
- Develop and provide opportunities for early-career faculty to learn from those before them on how to teach well, produce fruitful research, and earn tenure while balancing academic and family life;
- Encourage untenured faculty to participate in developmental activities, such as faculty workshops offered by the Teaching Resource Center and the Faculty Center for Excellence, which enhance both faculty and student success;
- Promote and encourage active participation among untenured faculty in university and community events, and service opportunities;
- Impart CSUSB's vision, mission, and core values as well as its strategic plan and other priority initiatives, such as Graduation Initiative 2025.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com and we will try our best to get you the information that you need!