The university has created an award to recognize one person at CSUSB, biennially, who best emulates Augie Hartung. Augie was known for his caring spirit, unquenchable enthusiasm for assisting others, and warmth in thoughtfully reaching out to friends and strangers alike. The Augie Award (The Augie) was first introduced in 2006 and has become among the most coveted prizes the university offers. Nominees should be Affirming, Understanding, Giving, Inspiring, and Exceptional.
Nominate someone you feel is worthy of this award by completing this nomination form and electronically submitting it to Stacey Barnier and Juan Macias, Nomination Committee chairs by June 30th, 2016.
What The Augie Award Stands For
Augie Award Recipients
- 2006: Catherine (“Cathe”) Stevenson, College of Education – Language, Literacy, and Culture
- 2008: Elaine Burkholder, Student Affairs - Student Health Center
- 2010: Lydia Ortega, Student Affairs - Records, Registration, and Evaluation
- 2012: Diane Podolske, President’s Office - Office of Community Engagement
- 2014: Kim Hunsaker, Student Affairs – Threat Assessment Office
- 2016: Judi Cruz, Student Affairs - Student Health Center
- 2018: Jesse Felix, Student Affairs - Associated Student Inc. (ASI)