Skip banner navigation
Skip to main content
Main Content Region
Checklist for Applicants
- ___ Apply for admission to the University (you must do this even if you are currently a CSUSB undergraduate). You can apply online. Be sure to specify both our program and your desired concentration on your application. You will be required to provide the Admissions Office with transcripts from all institutions of higher education you have attended; PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS TO THE M.A. PROGRAM, as this will delay your application.
- ___ Ask those individuals to supply letters of recommendation directly to an email from Cal State Apply once you have identified them in your application process.
- ___ Submit the following materials in Cal State Apply:
- A writing sample (5-10 pages); and
- A statement of purpose (1-2 pages) explaining your interest in our program and how our program is appropriate to your future goals.
- ___You will be notified when your application is complete and ready for program review which should include your three letters of recommendation, your writing sample, and your statement of purpose so we can reach an admission decision. You will be informed of this decision by e-mail. If you do not hear from us within one month of our receipt of your completed application and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, please contact us.
- ___ Attention international students: There are additional documents required for international student applications. For information about these requirements and forms, please see the International Student Status information on the Admissions and Student Recruitment website.