- Commitment to social justice, equity, and educational transformation;
- Earned baccalaureate and master's degrees in education or a related field from accredited institutions of higher education. A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher in upper division and graduate study;
- Demonstrated sufficient preparation for, experience in, and potential for educational leadership, including: successful experience in leadership in school, postsecondary, or community contexts, and/or policy leadership;
- Demonstrated academic excellence, problem-solving ability, technology proficiency, and interest in critically assessing and bringing about improvements in current educational policies and practices
The application cycle for Fall 2022 admission is now open! Review our Admissions page, attend an information session, and apply through Cal State Apply. Applications will be accepted until May 1, 2022.
3 Step Application Process
In addition to the $70 CSU Apply application fee, the following information will be required as part of the CSU Apply Application to the CSUSB Ed.D. Doctoral Program:
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume that includes a detailed list of professional experience, specific skills, and accomplishments.
- Future Directions Essay (two to three pages): Address the challenges related to education in California, make recommendations for change, and note your potential leadership involvement in the process.
- Scholarly Writing Example: This can be a paper you wrote for a course in your master’s program, a thesis chapter, or a report or grant you have written in your profession. The example you submit needs to demonstrate your analytical writing abilities and be error-free.
- An official copy of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores from the three sections of the General Test taken within the last five years (sometime prior to Fall admission). *The GRE requirement is waived for the Fall 2022 application cycle.
Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended since high school graduation (if selected for admission). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the initial CSU Apply application.
You must submit the following unofficial transcripts (if applicable):
- An unofficial transcript from the undergraduate institution where your bachelor’s degree was earned (required)
- Unofficial transcript(s) from any institution(s) where the coursework counted toward your bachelor’s degree
- Unofficial transcript(s) for all post-baccalaureate coursework
- An unofficial transcript from the last college or university you attended
- Three confidential Recommendation Evaluations (in CSU Apply) from professionals in the field attesting to leadership and scholarship. One evaluation should be from a university faculty member (if possible) addressing your potential for academic success in a doctoral program, which can be detailed in the Evaluator Comments section. Recommendation evaluations are due back by May 8th. Evaluation responses are not required for application submission, but will need to be received prior to deadline for full consideration. Consider reviewing this example of the recommendation evaluation form.
- Once all application materials have been received, selected applicants will be contacted for an in-person interview.
Please Note: Applications are NOT considered and CANNOT be reviewed until the $70 CSU Apply application fee is paid. Please be sure to submit payment, which allows the CSUSB Ed.D. Program to then access your application materials.
If you have questions about the application process, please attend a CSU Apply information session or reach out directly to Dr. Audrey Baca Lopez at email@example.com or 909-537-4270.
NEED HELP WITH APPLYING?
CSUSB Graduate Studies offers several resources and workshops for completing the CSU Apply Graduate Application. Click the button below for current workshops and application assistance dates. Additionally, you may want to review these step-by-step tutorials to assist you in completing your Cal State Apply graduate application.
|Time||5-6:30 PM||12-1:30 PM||5-6:30 PM||5-6:30 PM||12-1:30 PM||5-6:30 PM||12-1:00 PM|
For technical support with the Cal State Apply application, please contact the customer service using the Live Chat feature in the application. Alternatively, you can call 857-304-2087 or email CalStateApply@liaisoncas.com for further assistance. Please provide CAS ID # with the request (the CAS ID # located under your name in the upper-right corner of the application).
Due Dates & Deadlines
|Application Cycle Events||Important Dates|
|Fall 2022 - Application for Admission Cal State Apply Opens||October 1, 2021|
Application Information Sessions (Via Zoom)
|Beginning October 2021|
Application for Admission - Cal State Apply Closes
|May 1, 2022|
|Application Review and Interviews Scheduled for Candidates||May-June 2022|
|Begin Acceptance Notifications||July 2022|
|Semester Tuition & Fees Due||Check with Bursars|
|Fall 2022 Semester Start Date||August 22, 2022|
Interested in Learning about our Doctorate in Educational Leadership Program?
Consider joining us, via Zoom, on one of the days listed below from 5:00 PM-6:00 PM to learn more. Our information sessions are led by Co-Directors, Dr. Enrique Murillo, Dr. Sharon Brown-Welty, or Program Specialist, Dr. Audrey Baca Lopez. The information sessions outline why to pursue an Ed.D., an overview of the program, and process for admissions.
|--||--||--||October 28, 2021|
|November 1, 2021||November 9, 2021||November 17, 2021||--|
|November 29, 2021||December 7, 2021||December 15, 2021--Cancelled||--|
|--||--||January 5, 2022||January 13, 2022|
|--||January 25, 2022||February 2, 2022||February 10, 2022|
|February 14, 2022||February 22, 2022||March 2, 2022||March 10, 2022|
|March 14, 2022||March 22, 2022||March 30, 2022||April 7, 2022|
|April 11, 2022||April 19, 2022||April 27, 2022||--|